I appreciate the help I n the ladle..now spoon

Discussion in 'Silver' started by bobsyouruncle, Oct 25, 2017.

1. bobsyouruncle

bobsyouruncle Well-Known Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Second item is Canadian silver spoon . Montreal and makers mark. I haven't been able to fine much on old Canadian makers. I'm hoping you will be able to find rough date and or maker. Thanks again!

judy likes this.
  2. bobsyouruncle

Hi again...anyone with knowledge of Canadian silver marks for RB Montreal or guess at age of this spoon? Thank you :)

komokwa likes this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I went looking on both 925-1000 (which has a meager Canadian section) and silvercollection (which has more) but came up empty. Without the usual lion passant or the later beaver and with no indication of "sterling" I have to think this the Canadian equivalent of "coin silver." Certainly looks like an older construction style.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  4. bobsyouruncle

Thank you very much Bakersgma! It really seems to be difficult to find old Canadian marks..I think I have a few more that I may post just in case the maker jumps out. I had tried 925-1000 but hadn't heard of silvercollection.

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

silvercollection.it

(Yes, it's based in Italy)

bobsyouruncle and komokwa like this.
  6. Mile

Mile New Member

Hi, I saw your old message today. This silversmith is Rene Blache (Montreal). He was a apprentice to Robert Cruickshank. I think this spoon was made between 1796-1805, maybe more latter. I'm a Quebec collector. If you want to sell it, let me know.

bobsyouruncle and Bakersgma like this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

offers to buy or sell should be made from our inbox, with a private message..

just sayin.....;):)

bobsyouruncle likes this.
  8. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Rene Blache silversmith 1771-1820 unfortunately my silver reference book does not have a photo or line drawing of his maker's mark.

bobsyouruncle likes this.
  9. bobsyouruncle

Thank you so very much for the information..very exciting to find out

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted