I bought a bowl, I think it's hand blown and it has a signature on it

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by MrNate, Aug 31, 2017.

1. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Hi Again Everyone!

Today I jumped in head first to the "Pottery, Glass and Porcelain" and finally pulled the trigger on something. Below are the pictures of what I got. I have no clue if I made a good purchase, and I'm hoping someone could help me decipher the name on the bottom. Thank you!

IMG_0755.JPG
    IMG_0757.JPG
    IMG_0758(1).JPG

moreotherstuff and Ghopper1924 like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

good is a relative term...the colors are nice......

judy, Ghopper1924 and MrNate like this.
  3. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

MrNate. I can't figure out the signature. Depending on what you paid , I think you did ok. It is a very nice color, and signed is usually a GOOD thing. When Ibuy something I'm not really sure about, my first question is.......Do I like it enough to live with it.....

4. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Wise words! I've been itching to start trying my hand at buying glass, so I wasn't trying to go crazy with my first purchase. It was $5. Thanks for trying to decipher the signature

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  5. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Great advice!

AJefferson and Ghopper1924 like this.
  6. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Signature could be "handler".

judy and Ghopper1924 like this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I was seeing hand something.

8. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

MrNate. For $5 , you did really good! I would have bought that in a flash for $5.

9. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

A signed bowl for $5.00? An excellent buy.

judy likes this.
  10. FunkeysFinds

FunkeysFinds Well-Known Member

MrNate --

The only glass artist I could locate that is close to your signature is Audrey Handler. The last name matches fairly close at times when I found some examples, but does not in others. As we know, artists sign differently throughout the years. Perhaps contact her and see if this is one her one pieces:

http://www.audreyhandlerglass.com/public/view_exhibit.php?user_id=215

Fun find! Congrats.

Houseful and aaroncab like this.
  11. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

LOVE the colors!!!! I see "hanllar"..........

Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted