Featured I can’t believe I found these today

Discussion in 'Silver' started by MrNate, Feb 9, 2018.

1. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

I am a realist, and I know that my dreams have nothing to do with the events of my life. That said, for the last couple weeks I have been hoping and wishing to find some sort of plate as that has been on my bucket list of silver items to find. I pinched myself today, I’m shocked and I am in aww of the blessings that I have been given to find these beautiful items.

Today I visited a thrift store closest to my work after I got done for the day. The first thing I noticed in the store was a big hutch for storing China and silverware, somewhere in the back of my head I thought maybe these people dropped off the hutch with some silver plated items etc.

I went over to the section where they put all the silver plated items and stuck in between two other plates was the sterling plate that I found today. My experience lately has taught me that sometimes multiple items get dropped off in the same day so I started scouring through the rest of the plated junk. Then I came across the second item I found tucked behind some other items but generally in plain view.

I was so excited I stopped everything, paid for them and took them to my car immediately before I continued looking through the store. I didn’t find anything else, but I am definitely not complaining!

216BAF47-32AC-4A23-96FD-E5C000387DB1.jpeg EBF48062-803A-437A-974E-20C54785DEED.jpeg 2729E861-5A3C-4A45-B7B0-716A6F2C69F3.jpeg 4B650CF3-306C-479A-8671-CC7D7DF5115F.jpeg

2. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

Wow! Great find!

Christmasjoy, judy, aaroncab and 3 others like this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Score! Love the teapot.

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Very nice, Nate! Maybe that thrift doesn't have staff who understand UK markings, at least for the pot. No excuse on the plate.

5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

If it was stuck in between other plates they probably did not check them all & just the one on top.

Nice finds!! :happy::happy:

6. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

"I can’t believe I found these today"

I can! :D:D:D We need to start calling you the sterling example!

7. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Congrats!!! Great find.....

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

You go Boy !!!!!:happy:

No...Really....U go back there again soon !!!!! :woot::woot::woot:

Great hunting.....

9. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

10. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone for your warm comments. I love reading every single one. I finally got a chance to do more research on the maker of the Teapot. It is
    Edward John Haseler & Noble Haseler and it has the Birmingham anchor from 1896. Forgive me in advance, but I decided to take a bunch of photos of the pieces. I also found a weighted candle holder, but given how beautiful these two pieces are, I didn't want to spoil the moment. I hope you enjoy the finished result:

DSC_0173.JPG
    DSC_0176.JPG
    DSC_0166.JPG
    DSC_0167.JPG
    DSC_0168.JPG
    DSC_0169.JPG
    DSC_0171.JPG
    DSC_0172.JPG
    DSC_0179.JPG

Attached Files:

bluumz, BU66, Chris Mount and 15 others like this.
  11. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

They look beautiful polished up!

12. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

MrNate, that little teapot is a delight! Once again, well done!

13. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The teapot is really lovely, and you definitely got the deal of the week.

14. LIbraryLady

LIbraryLady Well-Known Member

15. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

It so Rocks !!!!
    & that's why ya polish silver.....so it looks like silver !!!:):woot::woot::woot:

16. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Beautiful, Nate. That little teapot is gorgeous. Wonderful polishing job, on the wood too.

17. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Plus fantastic photos!

18. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

That teapot - what a beautiful little thing. :)

19. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Super find and what a fab polishing job and great photos.
    :)

20. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted