I can't identify this stamp

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Pav, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Pav

Pav New Member

Google, camera translate app, Chinese apps, tried a lot but no results.

Anyone seen this before?

Attached Files:

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Welcome. The best place to find Asian Marks is Gotheberg Marks on Chinese Porcelain (gotheborg.com) They also have Japanese marks.

Bakersgma and sabre123 like this.
  3. Pav

Pav New Member

Thanks for suggestions.
    Still no results. Full picture attached

Attached Files:

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

The ladies are Japanese.
    The photo is very small, is it Satsuma ware?

Bakersgma likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

They do look like Satsuma style, which is not to say that there were no Chinese uses of Japanese styles in ceramic decoration. ;) I just scanned through the Satsuma section at Gotheborg and found some similar but not identical marks under Kozan. 1920s and 30s estimates of age.

Let's see if @Mat is available to comment.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

True, the Chinese copied the style. The photo is very small, so impossible to tell if it is Chinese.
    The mark looks Japanese to me, but who knows what the Chinese makers got up to.;)

@Ce BCA ?:)

Bakersgma likes this.
  7. Pav

Pav New Member

Bigger images updated. I think the same, that's Satsuma but can't find anything about this red stamp

Attached Files:

• WEW.jpg
      WEW.jpg
      File size:
      108.1 KB
      Views:
    • CC.jpg
      CC.jpg
      File size:
      232.8 KB
      Views:
  8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Ah, They were made as lamp bases, I suspect, unless the interiors show use as planters (which I doubt.)

The overall crackling appears to have been intentional.

9. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

These are more of the Chinese reproductions of Satsuma ware from the later 20th century, 1970+. I have no idea on the mark, looks more like Korean form wise, but it is probably meant to be vaguely Chinese seal script in some form.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted