I don't think this is genuine Limoges. What do you think?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by LovesVintage, Sep 10, 2020.

1. LovesVintage

LovesVintage reader of books and tea leaves

It doesn't quite match the mark I found most similar, labeled La Seynie c. 1953 IMG_0194.jpg IMG_0195.jpg . And the quality just doesn't seem rich enough, although maybe that depends on the factory? Any experts want to weigh in?

IMG_0192.jpg IMG_0192.jpg IMG_0193.jpg

Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

that's so cute !

Christmasjoy and LovesVintage like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Christmasjoy and LovesVintage like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Yeah. They do a lot of pets in chairs.

Debora

Limoges-France-Peint-Main-Rochard-Hand-pic-1A-2048-10.10-13-f.jpg Unknown.jpg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. LovesVintage

LovesVintage reader of books and tea leaves

Ah, thank you! So not super old, but at least they seem to be a true Limoges maker.

komokwa and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

PortableTreasures, judy and komokwa like this.
  7. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

It's very cute, looks like a cat to me. When those sell here locally at auction, they usually go high. I think a lot of people collect these treasure boxes.

8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It is cat and there's a little "brass" mouse just below it.

Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted