I found a renoir Painting on Porcelain

Discussion in 'Art' started by Ibrahim Sadoq, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Ibrahim Sadoq

Ibrahim Sadoq Member

Hello Guys I'm ibrahim, i'm a new member here please welcome me!

I bought this Renoir painting on porcelain it's similar to his master piece " Dance At The Moulin De La Galette" but I'm wondering if he could actually did it himself as he was working at a porcelain factory and he had done copies to his own work "Dance At The Moulin De La Galette "

you can feel the texture on the glaze of the artwork, and the feeling of porcelain the painting is done on.

I'll appreciate any feedback

DSC_1058.jpg DSC_1062.jpg DSC_1065.jpg DSC_1061.jpg

2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Definitely not by Renoir personally.

3. Ibrahim Sadoq

Ibrahim Sadoq Member

can you share with me some of your knowledge on how you identified this in not his artwork!

i need help likes this.
  4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

To the best of my knowledge, Renoir did not paint on porcelain, but apart from that: he was a much better painter than whoever did this, and the painting in question (Ball at the Moulin de la Gallette) gets reproduced to the point of being cliched.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  5. Ibrahim Sadoq

Ibrahim Sadoq Member

so I was totally wrong in buying this artwork, should I now return it to the seller or should I try to sell it onebay, I bought it only for 20 $!

6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

If the seller said that this piece was painted by Renoir, then it is significantly not as described. If the seller said it's a Renoir painting, that's more problematic, because a Renoir painting provided the source material for this. I don't doubt the seller will see it as a misunderstanding, but how they respond to that is anybody's guess.

7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

For comparison.

Debora

Auguste_Renoir_-_Dance_at_Le_Moulin_de_la_Galette_-_Musée_d'Orsay.jpg

9. ritzyvintage

ritzyvintage Well-Known Member

Sorry, but are you for real!!!
    If it looks to good to be true then it is. The chance of finding a Renoir, outside of private hands or in a museum, is zero... The seller made it absolutely clear what they was selling, by the RENOIR label... $50million++++ may perhaps purchase a real work by Renoir, but even then you'd be outbid.

If you like the piece then fine. Its a nice decorative item, but if not then I'm afraid to say you wasted your Monet... :(

Renoir Work Sells for $78.1 Million : Auction: The painting 'Au Moulin de la Galette' is highlight of Sotheby's offering of Impressionist and modern art. The price is the second highest ever. - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  10. ritzyvintage

ritzyvintage Well-Known Member

I have the Mona Lisa, up for grabs, if you want it for 20 bucks?

[​IMG]

KSW, FishLure, Aquitaine and 2 others like this.
  11. reader

reader Well-Known Member

That’s a riot!

KSW, Ibrahim Sadoq and ritzyvintage like this.
  12. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Its a nice decorative piece well worth $20 . Youd pay more than that for some made in china crap.Personally I like it,but Ive got odd taste . :)

13. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

Yes!!

KSW and ritzyvintage like this.
  14. Ibrahim Sadoq

Ibrahim Sadoq Member

thank you for the kind words, i'll try my best next time and good luck collecting Johny!

ritzyvintage likes this.
  15. Ibrahim Sadoq

Ibrahim Sadoq Member

KSW, ritzyvintage and i need help like this.
  16. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome Ibrahim. I appreciate your willingness to learn. You have found us now, next time you can ask here before buying something.

KSW and i need help like this.
  17. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Welcome Ibrahim to ANTIQUERS!! Hang around the forums, watch, learn and ask questions!! It's a world-wide site, with SO many members! MUCH to learn here if a beginner!!:):):happy:

KSW, Naturally, i need help and 2 others like this.
  18. Ibrahim Sadoq

Ibrahim Sadoq Member

thank you so much, I'll do that for sure next time God willing!

KSW, Any Jewelry and Aquitaine like this.
  19. Ibrahim Sadoq

Ibrahim Sadoq Member

Thank you Aquitaine, I'll try my best to catch up with you guys!

KSW and Aquitaine like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted