I have a BEAUTIFUL extra large antique Kalaga

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Kristina Edwards, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Kristina Edwards

Kristina Edwards New Member

Hello! I’m brand new to the antique world, but I have a gorgeous kalaga in excellent condition, I could use some help figuring out the details of this piece. Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

Aquitaine and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

There are a number on Etsy that you might want to view and garner information from.

Aquitaine, Any Jewelry and Lucille.b like this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi @Kristina Edwards, and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS!! I'm going to ask one of the Moderators to move this to the correct forum, where it should get more eyes on it!!!

@daveydempsey or @Bookahtoo, could you move this to the "Textiles, Needle Arts &
    Clothing Tools" Forum please? Thank you!!

Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome Kristina. Love your kalaga. I remember a lot of these came out to the West in the 1970s, and yours could be from that period.
    Looking at the upper bodies I think they are both ladies, with a little female attendant on the side. Could be from a specific Burmese story.

2manybooks, komokwa and Aquitaine like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted