I have a painting which is on google images but can not find the artist?

Discussion in 'Art' started by benbenny007, Jan 14, 2019.

1. benbenny007

benbenny007 I buy rubbish, and sell antiques

Hi all. I invite you to solve this mystery artist.
    I have a painting (watercolor) which I could find on google images. Google list a few works by the same artist and mentions his name, and there are websites that sell reproduction prints of his works. But when I started to research the name of the artist I could not find any info about him/her? Seems like the artist also did book covers and such. I can not find any biography or auction results to get a date and value on my work. Any idea's? The only thing I could find out is that he made several works with the similar subjects and that he/she is probably Spanish of origins.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gon...fAhWESxUIHeZdANIQsAR6BAgGEAE&biw=1366&bih=632

and this is the picture I own.

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/P7C2JE/de-revisin-museum-colecion-particular-madrid-espaa-P7C2JE.jpg

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    scoutshouse and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Very nice, benny. Sorry, can't help.

3. benbenny007

Thank you Any, I do like this one also. Its also fairly large in size. Like 90x80 cm orso.

If the artist is not listed on the websites like artnet and artprice. Does it mean its not worth something?

scoutshouse likes this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. Maybe too recent to have hit the auction circuit?
    It is good quality.

benbenny007 and scoutshouse like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

According to Alamay, the painting you own is in a private collection in Madrid. It is yours? And appears to be a "he." Internet gives his name as Gonzalo Gómez Jordán. (I do suspect, because he signs his work "Jordán" that "Gonzalo Jordan Gómez more likely.)

Debora

6. benbenny007

Yes I've seen that. I guess I own many things that have been in private collection before (its now in my private collection :cigar:) . I live in London which is a multicultural city and people come from all over the world to live/work. I buy the craziest stuff here in London.

scoutshouse likes this.
  7. benbenny007

scoutshouse likes this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That edition of La Bête humaine was published in 1972. Your illustrator may be long gone.

Debora

9. benbenny007

Tnx Debora. That is good to know. One step closer to solve the puzzle. So that means that his works are done early 70s or even maybe earlier.

Draft saved Draft deleted