I need help identifying this Bavarian Mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Carm2020, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Carm2020

Carm2020 New Member

My mother-in-law received a tea set from a neighbor many years ago. The neighbor has brought it over from Europe during WWII.(She was a war bride). We have not be able to identify the mark. It looks very similar to the Gebruder Winterling mark (Roslau Bavaria) used from 1907-1945 but that marking has a small R under the the crown/betweel the branches.I assume identifying Roslau. Can anyone provide any information. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

we need pics of some of the sets designs..

3. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

4. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

Ps I think you are right with the winterling train of thought. I can't see any other pottery having a mark so similar.

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi @Carm2020, and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS! It would be MOST HELPFUL if we could see some of the tea set...tea pot, cup, saucer? Much information can be gleaned from patterns!! Thank you so much!!:)

6. Carm2020

Carm2020 New Member

Here are a couple of pictures that I have.

Attached Files:

komokwa likes this.
  7. Aquitaine

When posting images, hitting the FULL IMAGE wording, is ALWAYS best....for everyone's eyes!!! Thanks for posting them!! Hopefully others will be along to help now!!

20230331_220910.jpg

20230331_220836.jpg

8. Aquitaine

Figtree3, Bakersgma and dgbjwc like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted