Featured I need help w/ a pair of Nelson McCoy bookends please.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Mar 28, 2019.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I wasn't able to find these in my McCoy pottery book, but I did find a listing on eBay & the seller called them Lily planters bookends. The ones in my book that they are calling Lily look nothing like these.

So does anyone know what these are called & what this color of glaze is called?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

*crs*, i need help and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

i need help likes this.
  3. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

4. bercrystal

@wiscbirddog - Thanks!! :happy::happy::happy:

I think one of those is the one I found. Unfortunately one of mine has a tiny chip at the end of the bud, so we will see where it ends up.

5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

The description in the $45 pair is closer to being correct. These are usually considered part of what collectors call the lily bud line although the glaze on this pair is not a typical glaze for that line. As far as I know these bookends are the only pieces McCoy made in this particular glaze. The $45 price is a bit ambitious especially with the chip but this glaze does seem more prone to damage than most McCoy glazes. IMHO, the person asking $75 for a single bookend is living in a fantasy world. These aren't common but can be found easily enough with a little patience and searching.
    Don

pearlsnblume, judy, aaroncab and 2 others like this.
  6. bercrystal

That may be why I can't find a name for this color of glaze. :p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes:

dgbjwc and i need help like this.
  7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Here's my pair. Behind them is the same shape in white.
    Don
    IMG_20190329_141558944.jpg

pearlsnblume, judy and komokwa like this.
  8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

judy likes this.
  9. bercrystal

dgbjwc and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted