I think we actually have two of these coming in this month. Victrola

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Kasperscuriosities, May 5, 2016.

1. Kasperscuriosities

Kasperscuriosities Two hundred years too late.

You see them fairly often so not that rare but still fun. I believe there is another one coming in this month. I don't know how to make the thing run. Am I suppose to crank it? LOL! It's should work from what I understand.
    13178895_1083523728370797_3432253540608458175_n.jpg

pearlsnblume and KingofThings like this.
  2. Kasperscuriosities

Oh my I figured it out sort of. I got it to play what a trip! I was taken way back in time for just a moment. That was cool!

KingofThings and Messilane like this.
  3. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

:) Yes, you have to wind it. :)

4. Kasperscuriosities

So much fun. I won't get any work done playing with this thing. LOL!

KingofThings likes this.
  5. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

We had one full of old records that belonged to my mother's oldest sister. In high school, my friends loved to come over and play them. Wish I still had it.

6. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

I know.....
    I have one too! ;)

7. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

You have to wind it, and there should be a little toggle somewhere around the turntable to start and stop it. Does it use stainless steel needles?

There was one in our family. You couldn't balance the needle on the tip of your finger... the pressure was enough to draw blood. It was my uncle's and when he was young he would lug it down to his canoe for a day on the river. Lots of Paul Whitman records.

I once took a more recent record and set it on the turntable to play. It was fascinating watching that needle send up little bow waves of plastic as it carved a track through the groove.

8. Kasperscuriosities

I got it working. I am not sure what the needle is made of but somewhere in my pile is a box of extras. It probably says on the box. It plays perfect. Very fun to play with. There are a bunch of records to go with it too.

KingofThings likes this.
  9. Shangas

Shangas Underage Antiques Collector and Historian

"Look grandpa! A clockwork iPod!"

Draft saved Draft deleted