Featured ID crystal perfume bottle, Czech?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Renee Yancy, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Renee Yancy

Renee Yancy Active Member

20211202_095826.jpg perf5.jpg perf5.jpg perf5.jpg perf6.jpg perf3.jpg perf5.jpg perf6.jpg perf3.jpg I perf4.jpg I bought this perfume bottle for $1 today. I think it is crystal. 7" tall. No marks that I can see. I thought the tip was broken off but now I'm not so sure because it feels smooth, not sharp. It is nicely detailed, and faceted, and has a plastic bung. Wondering about age? I'm thinking 1950s or 60s because of the bung, and maybe Czech? What do you guys think? Sorry for the same pic x 3, I'm not sure how I did that. I did get a closeup of the top point.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'm thinking later, 70s or even 80s. These were common decorative items.

bercrystal likes this.
  3. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

FWIW, I agree, if any older I think the plastic would be more yellowed. But wait for bercrystal, she knows her perfumes :)

bercrystal likes this.
  5. Ownedbybear

She does indeed!

bercrystal likes this.
  6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I agree with @Ownedbybear. :happy::happy:

These bottles were made in multiple different countries & as she said were big in the 70s & 80s. I have never seen one with that plastic piece at the neck.

Put it in a sunny spot & wait for the rainbows. :happy::happy:

*crs* likes this.
  7. Ownedbybear

It was worth a dollar, I think those sold for a fair bit more.

bercrystal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted