ID Help Please - Soft Paste Porcelain Box (?)

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by FunkeysFinds, Sep 8, 2017.

1. FunkeysFinds

FunkeysFinds Well-Known Member

Hello all -

Would appreciate any thoughts on this box. Vintage, antique, have I been fooled? If it is anything, any suggestion on Country of origin or possible maker? Or perhaps if this was a specific type of box?

My initial thoughts is it is an older box (unsure what I mean by that, but with age), European and made from soft paste porcelain. Possibly a small cigarette box since I think (?) they, cigarettes, were smaller back then, but I am unsure where I pulled that from since I don't smoke.

The base only measures 3 3/8'' long by 3/4'' tall. Thanks for looking and for your help!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I don't know who made this, but I see no reason to think it's soft paste. What makes you think so?

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  3. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if it was part of a wash set.

yourturntoloveit and Ghopper1924 like this.
  4. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Gee - I know little about things such as this, but my immediate impression was "soap dish".........................

yourturntoloveit and Ghopper1924 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted