Featured ID Request. Amberina, Dot Optic Pitcher / Decanter / Creamer... Phoenix?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by justjeff, Sep 15, 2018.

1. justjeff

justjeff Active Member

Bought this a few weeks ago and the closest thing I can find is a pattern from Phoenix. The pieces I saw from this pattern however had amber handles while this one is clear. Anyone recognize the manufacturer, pattern and piece-type? It measures 4 3/4" tall. I haven't measured its volume but will if folks think that can help. IMG_4336_rsz.jpg IMG_4337_rsz.jpg IMG_4339_rsz.jpg IMG_4340_rsz.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Figtree3, cxgirl and judy like this.
  2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

judy likes this.
  3. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

I can't help, but just wanted to say: nice photos!

cxgirl and justjeff like this.
  4. justjeff

justjeff Active Member

Thank you! Getting better at it after a couple years. Just bought a cheap light box I have illuminated with lamps from around the house. It seems to help!

judy likes this.
  5. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

I can't be certain, I've no catalogs that show it, but I have a 'feeling' that this color is from Europe, (possibly Italy) mid 20th century. It's a bit paler than amberina from the 19th century. There is a lot of it around.

justjeff and judy like this.
  6. justjeff

justjeff Active Member

Thanks cherryhill. Not necessarily the answer I was hoping for but very helpful nonetheless :)

judy likes this.
  7. justjeff

justjeff Active Member

judy likes this.
  8. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

The paleness I see at antique shows (rather used to, dont' go any more) Was not do to Photoshop, it's as if it were watered down.

9. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

justjeff, aaroncab and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted