IDENTIFICATION: vintage Japanese China tea set

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by EmmaD, Aug 12, 2018.

1. EmmaD

EmmaD New Member

Hi all

Hopefully someone can help identify this and if it will be worth anything? Currently clearing out my nans house, she’s unsure where they are from. There are small plates, tea cups etc. Which all seem to be hand painted

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Probably 1920s or so,these were very popular for many years so theres like a zillion of them out there.

Christmasjoy and 2manybooks like this.
  3. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

I believe your tea set is Japanese, made for export in the Kutani region. You can find more information about Kutani porcelain and its marks at Gotheborg.com:
    http://gotheborg.com/marks/kutani.shtml

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome, EmmaD.
    It is a charming set. I agree with 2manybooks, it is Kutani. And as Johnny said, ca 1920s.
    The value depends on where you are, but Kutani doesn't fetch the prices some other Japanese wares do.

5. EmmaD

EmmaD New Member

Ah that’s useful thank you :) !!

6. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

The big red mark may cover a makers mark. Decoraters frequently did this. Better pictures of the 2 marks could be helpful.
    Patd

Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted