IDENTIFY DRESSER WILLIAMS FURNITURE CORP

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Jeralynn Crabbe, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Jeralynn Crabbe

Jeralynn Crabbe New Member

20201224_024458.jpg 20201224_024458.jpg 20201224_024824.jpg 20201224_024909.jpg 20201224_025016.jpg Hello everybody. I need help identifying this dresser. Here is some information that's on the back of it. Now my daughter wants me to paint it white, I feel like I should restore it. If I painted white am I gonna be losing a lot of money or is this just a silly old dresser?

EEE and judy like this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Those pulls are very distinctive, but if that's masonite on the back it has to be later than the mid-'20s.

3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

5. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Paint away & please your daughter.

6. Jeralynn Crabbe

Jeralynn Crabbe New Member

E in Az likes this.
  7. E in Az

E in Az New Member

Hello,
    I can offer you some more information on this line of furniture. This was made by the Williams Furniture company in the mid 1960s. It was from a line of children's bedroom sets. Price point would have been upper middle
    Class.

The darker wood series with the vertical hammered brass accents separate from the pulls with a diamond shaped backing is from the “Adventure” series. This series was marketed as a nautical /pirate themed line. The pieces offered were : 6 drawer dresser, 4 door dresser, 3 drawer dresser, night stand, desk, corner desk, chair, trundle bed, toy chest, mirror, Bunk Beds, Head board, and high boy 1, high boy 2.
    The desk and dressers could also be ordered to include a separate backed upper bookshelf (Bookcase hutch) that sat on top.

There was a lighter natural/blond version of these same pieces that was marketed as the “Bunkhouse” series that was western/cowboy themed.
    Basically the same pieces in lighter wood. In this series the outside vertical brass drawer accents were deleted and instead combined to hold the spade shaped hammered brass pulls.

I grew up with this bedroom set and still have some of my original pieces. Unfortunately I lost a couple pieces in the 80s not understanding how much they would mean to me later in life. I have recently found some pieces online. I purchased and restored them which is easy to do for this rustic series. I'm becoming a bit obsessed with it now. The quality is decent and the pricing is still pretty affordable with most pieces being in the $200-300 range for good condition items -2022. Now each of my kids has a set. I still have the original sales brochure saved by my mom including photos and dimensions of all the pieces. I have uploaded a small scan of the brochure (sorry for the quality as this site doesn't allow for larger files it seems).

I'm still looking for the chest and trundle bed so if anyone has one for sale please contact me!

Hope this helps!
    E

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
  8. E in Az

E in Az New Member

9. E in Az

E in Az New Member

10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

site rules ... #3.a

- Offers to buy, sell or trade by individuals and/or dealers are not permitted in any way, shape or form in threads and/or posts. If you wish to make such an offer, contact the other party by Private Message or email.

Plus.... @say_it_slowly , doesn't actually own the desk...:hungover:

and the estate sale was from 2014.....

on the plus side the info u posted to this 2 year old thread is welcomed !:)

11. ChiefPMM

ChiefPMM New Member

I grew up with this furniture that my parents purchased in the mid-1960s. I have a few pieces, but wish to acquire more that I lost through the years. If there are new sources, please let me know.

Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
  12. ChiefPMM

ChiefPMM New Member

To All:

I'm looking for the hardware (pulls and drawer accents). If someone knows a source, please post. These seem to be difficult to find. Thanks.

13. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I see this furniture in the thrift stores from time to time. Never very expensive and have seen the same pieces, later, painted in the resale stores. IMHO, the pulls are the best part of the series. Have seen them crop up on ebay as arts and crafts style pulls occasionally.

ChiefPMM and komokwa like this.
  14. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

hello @ChiefPMM ...

this ask will get lost here over time, so if u were to post this question...with clear pics of what u are looking for on the Wanted FORUM....that may bear fruit in the long term !!:):)
    Remember to check back in , on occasion!;)

Draft saved Draft deleted