Identify the artist that signed this plate?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by JenjenQ, Jul 16, 2015.

1. JenjenQ

JenjenQ New Member

Hello, can anyone identify the name of the artist that signed this plate? It says Higgins & Seiter TV on the back of the plate. signature closer.jpg front plate 2.jpg back of plate.jpg

KingofThings likes this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I see "pauckney" ? But I think this is a hobbyist plate,albeit an old one.

JenjenQ and KingofThings like this.
  3. JenjenQ

JenjenQ New Member

Okay thanks! I will try and google it. I have just started going to thrift stores looking for treasures. My Grandfather collected but knew what he was looking for. I just buy and then google. Probably a horrible strategy but I only paid $1.99

KingofThings likes this.
  4. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

It can definitely be so be careful! Buy what you like for yourself. :)
    Says he with 6 billion tons of books... :eek:

lauragarnet and JenjenQ like this.
  5. JenjenQ

JenjenQ New Member

I just know he always looked under things but I know he knew more. I have bought 4 things for a total of$7 and have learned allot more about things I wouldn't have ever read about had I not picked these Items up. That alone was worth it! Look at my first post with the wax seal lol I said it looked like an Egyptian man holding a girl? I need to pay attention to past and present!

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I said it looked like an Egyptian man holding a girl? I need to pay attention to past and present!

Nah, you just need to get out more !! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:......:):):)

lauragarnet likes this.
  7. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

I don't think your plate is a hobbyist plate.

Your T & V Mark is mark 7, used from 1892 to 1907. I found the reference for this mark on page 293 in Mary Frank Gaston's Third Edition of The Encyclopedia of Limoges Porcelain.

Higgins & Setter was a direct importer and sold fine china. I found an advertisement for their store and catalog on this Google page.

https://books.google.com/books?id=h...PA00#v=onepage&q=Higgins Setter of NY&f=false

Draft saved Draft deleted