Identifying green beads, and inherited beads in general

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Kate Q, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Kate Q

Kate Q Active Member

Hello all.. my great-grandmother did a lot of jewelry making/beading and I was fortunate enough to inherit her stash. Does anyone know of a good resource where I could try and figure out what some of her beads are? Dates would have been 1940s and 50s.

As an example, I love these green beads and remember playing with them as a stringed necklace when I was tiny ;) I have looked around online but have been unable to find similar examples. If anyone knows what they are or where I could look for more information, that'd be great! D01CC56B-9ACB-4B51-A094-4BF064325970.jpeg

Attached Files:

Figtree3 and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Moonglow, by what I can see.

Figtree3, Kate Q and Houseful like this.
  3. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Yep, moonglow, they were made in both Lucite and glass :)

4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Maybe people didn't notice that you were also asking about resources for identifying beads from the 1940s-1950s ? I'm sure some people here would have that information so am bumping up your post a bit.

Welcome to Antiquers, @Kate Q --

Bronwen likes this.
  5. Kate Q

Kate Q Active Member

Thanks so much for the ID help! ...and yes, it would be great to have some resources for trying to identify other beads, otherwise I will be posting them all here. Maybe there's nothing wrong with that!

Bronwen and Figtree3 like this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Feel free to post more discussion questions! It would be good to start a new thread for each one, unless some of them are the same types of beads as each other.

Bronwen and Kate Q like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted