Identifying large glass item- signature unclear

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Pamela Molloy, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Pamela Molloy

Pamela Molloy New Member

Hello and thank you for adding me.
    I’ve had a large glass piece 17.5 inches tall, very heavy for about twenty years, bought second hand with a suggestion that it might be Daum, which I don’t agree with from what I’ve seen. I wondered whether anyone can help in identifying it. There is an engraved signature on the bottom I think underneath the signature it says France. It looks as though it has been drilled at the top as though someone has attempted to make it into a lamp base depth of which is approximately 1/2 an inch.
    I wondered whether anyone can give me a starting point as to what it might be so that I can do some research around the signature. Photo of the item and signature attached.

Attached Files:

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

BCA75AEB-346B-4DD3-90B5-D854D7A1E0E0.jpeg 03D2A264-D3B0-49B0-A7EA-54AFA49EABD1.jpeg Welcome to the Forum, Pamela!
    I’ve flipped your photos. Can you take another photo with a dark cloth held up behind?

Lucille.b likes this.
  3. Pamela Molloy

Pamela Molloy New Member

4. Pamela Molloy

Pamela Molloy New Member

Yes I will try. I
    need to wait for my husband as he has the better camera on his phone. Thanks for replying.

i need help likes this.
  5. Pamela Molloy

Pamela Molloy New Member

Couple of more photos wrapped in a black tee shirt. There’s one more that I’ll add separately

Attached Files:

6. i need help

80695530-0CAD-400A-9AB7-B1E274A82098.jpeg DC9CDCE8-7C73-4619-BE85-1316812746C2.jpeg
    Check the box for Full Image for best results.

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. Pamela Molloy

Pamela Molloy New Member

amazing. I couldn’t upload my last phot for some reason. Thank you so much.

8. Pamela Molloy

Pamela Molloy New Member

So has anyone got any ideas?

9. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Le Something...France

Pamela Molloy and i need help like this.
  10. i need help

Let it marinate a bit. This is an international forum. People are on all hours of the day. You can set Alerts on your profile to keep track of responses.

Pamela Molloy likes this.
  11. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

can you show the top where it has been "drilled"? Perhaps a candle holder?

i need help likes this.
  12. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Lalique. Some of those siggies are incomprehensible at times. I've a basket with a similar signature which also has what appears to be a drilled hole. They're lamp bases.

13. Pamela Molloy

Pamela Molloy New Member

Hi and thanks . Photo attached. Not sure that you can make it out but it looks as though something has been glued in which has a thread.
    I wonder whether they’ve tried to mock it up as a lamp. I too
    Wondered whether it may have held a candle but the hole that has been drilled is only wide enough for a taper candle and the proportions would look really off.

Attached Files:

Figtree3 and i need help like this.
  14. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That's exactly the same style as mine. Missing a side entry lamp and flex holder.

15. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Pamela Molloy likes this.
  16. Pamela Molloy

Pamela Molloy New Member

Thank you

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted