Identifying Mark - Ceramic Figurine - Girl in Green Bonnet - MD Mb WD Wp

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by LoveCollecting2020, May 12, 2020.

1. Good afternoon everyone,

I have spent a good amount of time researching this item, but unfortunately have not had any success in identifying the figure or the mark.

Nice hand-painted ceramic figurine.

Measurements: 6 1/2" Tall x 2 3/4" Wide x 2 7/8" Deep

Marks at the Bottom include a "Shamrock/Flower" Mark and an Artist/Maker's Mark which could be one of 4 possibilities - MD Mb WD Wp. (I included pictures at both angles)

Hoping someone recognizes the style or mark.

Thanks so much!

-Stephanie

Attached Files:

2. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

I think it may be a ceramics class project. But wait for others to chime in.

moreotherstuff likes this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Maybe one of those "ceramic painting" shops. Greenware provided by the proprietor and then painted by customer. This maybe be chalk and cold paint.

4. Chalkware was the term I was looking for, thank you.

5. I just stumbled upon 2 characters that resemble the figurine, Holly Hobbie and Sunbonnet Sue.

6. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Really doesn't look like either of those.

7. Just a guess, was thinking out loud. But I mean, I think they could at least pass for cousins? :playful:

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted