Identifying marks on sterling silver necklace

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Angela Stephenson, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Hi,
    I was wondering if someone would be able to help me identify the marks on this sterling silver mother of pearl necklace I purchased? I am having a hard time finding something similar online. Any info would be great to get me started. Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Hi, Angela. The mother of pearl pendant & box link chain were almost certainly not made by the same firm/individual, so marks on chain not relevant to the pendant. Someone here may know or be able to figure out quickly the mark on the chain, but it is not worth putting in a lot of time/effort to find out010101010101010101010101010101010[Pontiac says good morning; she's evidently a digital cat].

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Hi Angela. I agree with Bronwen.
    Knowing the maker of a pretty generic chain won't find the maker of the pendant, and it doesn't add anything to the value.
    The pendant was probably made in Southeast Asia.

KikoBlueEyes, Bronwen and i need help like this.
  4. Thank you for getting back to me. I am glad I only paid 8 dollars for it. It needs to be cleaned. Any suggestions on what I should use?

There is a brooch I have had my eye on and want to get. It’s a little pricey and I am not sure if it is worth it. I will start another thread and hopefully get an opinion on markings and what my limit should be on the purchase. Again thank you so much. I very much appreciate your time.

5. Any Jewelry

You can put the chain without the pendant in some soapy water to get rid of any grime. Then you can clean the silver on both with a sunshine cloth.

KikoBlueEyes and Bronwen like this.
  6. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

:D:D:D:D:D:D Cosette and Riley say hello to Pontiac and say "Isn't this fun!"

7. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

This was Pontiac saying What in blazes is this keyboard doing where I usually sleep?!! 'Cosette' as in Lame Is Rob?

8. KikoBlueEyes

Yes. One in the same. She picked her name out from a list given to me by a friend. She is a very romantical cat and sings a lotttttttt.

9. KikoBlueEyes

Being very jealous, the both of them walk across the keyboard at least 20 times a day. They love flipping the screen, turning off the sound, and sitting on it while it stutters in the background.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  10. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

My Toby prefers the TV remote. Always at a crucial moment in the show.

Any Jewelry and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  11. Any Jewelry

I used to have two cats watching TV with me.
    Most of the time one was on top of the TV (old one, way back when) with her head down in front of the screen. The other one would be on the coffee table in front of the TV. That one was the big Norwegian of course.:rolleyes:
    I could only catch glimpses of the show, which was always framed by two pairs of cat's ears.:cat:

KikoBlueEyes and Bakersgma like this.
  12. KikoBlueEyes

Nice and warm on top of those old TVs and you needed an extra special fur experience for your viewing pleasure. :cat::cat:Sounds quite adorable in fact.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  13. Any Jewelry

It was.:happy: Which is why I hardly ever told them to move their heads.
    They also sat on me while watching TV.:hilarious: One in my lap, the other draped across my neck and shoulders. Guess where the big Norwegian was.:inpain:
    They were very sweet though, both of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted