Identifying Serving Table

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by OliverSand, Dec 5, 2020.

1. OliverSand

OliverSand New Member

I purchased a serving cart at a goodwill in the east coast of the US and I'm looking for some information on it. Based on the handles and legs, it looks like its a "french ornate" style with sabre legs (at least that's what keywords give me similar pictures on google image).

The table also has unevenly spaced burn marks around the edge of the table. Close ups of the burn marks and the handles and screws are below.

Unfortunately, the table does not have a mark. Any ideas on this piece? I'm also unable to identify its type of wood. Thank you very much!

IMG-6601_S.jpg 1_S.jpg IMG-6583_S.jpg IMG-6602_S.jpg IMG-6613_S.jpg

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I think those holes might have held a rail at one point. My personal opinion is its a run of the mill factory table from 1900 or so that someone gussied up .

komokwa, Bakersgma and Roaring20s like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I agree with Johnny about the tiny holes. Not burn marks at all. And the fancy-looking handles do not look original. Not to be too picky, but if it was a "cart" it would have had wheels so it could be rolled from place to place.

komokwa likes this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Looks like a birch veneer.

Draft saved Draft deleted