Identifying swung vase...

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Leann, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Leann

Leann New Member

Hello! I've recently started to collect vintage art glass, and came across this large swung vase that I can't seem to identify.
    It's about 14 inches tall, and very heavy. I have no clue if it's old or new... ive been able to at least semi-identify most other pieces I've found, but this one seems to be eluding me.
    Thanks for any input!
    PSX_20191010_153151.jpg

Attached Files:

scoutshouse likes this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Japanese, 1960s ish, I suspect.

3. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

If you are going to post more art glass here, be sure to always include a photo of the base. (I assume no signature anywhere on the base or side?)

It should make a nice addition to your new collection. :happy:

Houseful and Leann like this.
  4. Leann

Leann New Member

Thanks for the suggestion..! I researched Japanese glass and definitely seems to fit the scheme... heres some base pics. Just flat.. no markings. PSX_20191011_095900.jpg PSX_20191011_095848.jpg

Lucille.b likes this.
  5. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

The bases on older pieces usually show wear which can indicate how old they are. Plus seeing how the pontil is ground down or not can determine maker so even if you think bases may be unimportant they are to the glassies.

Lucille.b likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted