Featured If I Could Fly...

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Joshua Brown, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Joshua Brown

Joshua Brown Decently-Known-Member

cxgirl, Any Jewelry and KingofThings like this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

cxgirl and Joshua Brown like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Wow! I'll have the Arunta tribe one, and, and, and.....

cxgirl, Joshua Brown and KingofThings like this.
  4. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

Yeah ... I've been considering going to this one plus the next one at the same location which will be of his collection of maps. The home owner was the co-founder of the local railroad museum and active in several local historical societies.

5. Any Jewelry

Right, in that case we should all go. I'll book a flight from Amsterdam, anyone joining me?;)

pearlsnblume and KingofThings like this.
  6. Joshua Brown

I think I've been to the Museum you are talking about, I used to live about half an hour from the location of this estate sale, By the way I am a avid map collector and book collector.

KingofThings likes this.
  7. quirkygirl

Is this what you remember? I've never been inside ... though stopped by several times ... it has VERY limited hours of operation, which I've always managed to forget about.
    [​IMG]

pearlsnblume and KingofThings like this.
  8. Joshua Brown

I don't know whether this is the same place I am thinking of because I was so young when I went, but it was somewhere around that area.

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

If I could fly........Bora bora !!!

Joshua Brown and Any Jewelry like this.
  10. Joshua Brown

Me too but my first choice would probably be Sydney.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  11. Any Jewelry

I lived there as a child, so yes, my first choice too.

Joshua Brown likes this.
  12. quirkygirl

Update - you don't need to fly here to get your chance at some of those books ... It appears that the leftover unsold books from the estate sale in the original post will be offered up at this local auction - there were still 100's of books remaining on the last days of the estate sale, but most don't seem to have made it to the cataloged portion for the online sale.

https://new.liveauctioneers.com/cat...nd-local-estates?sort=LOT_NUMBER_LOWEST_FIRST

What I find odd, is how much of what looks to be ivory is being offered in the lots. While everyone else worries about how to sell their ivory ... this auction is doing it right out in the open (and online, no less), by just not saying what it is. I'm sure some of that carved white stuff is bone, but on some pieces that I could zoom in on, there were clear Schreger lines visible. Have they recently loosened up the restrictions on selling ivory?

Joshua Brown and KingofThings like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted