Featured IF ONE OF THE 'EVENING PURSE' LADIES CAN GIVE ME A CLUE AS TO AGE...

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Aquitaine, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I would appreciate it very much!! Mom was a great one for cutting labels, tags, whatever out soon after whatever she bought....be it clothing, footwear, handbags, and in this case, an evening hand purse....I'm just curious for my own edification .....she wound up stuffing it with jewelry eventually as time wore on, she didn't go out in the evening all that much! Any help greatly appreciated, as ALWAYS!!! I don't know if time has made it 'off white' or it was always the color you see.....Size wise, Length it's about 9 inches; Closed & top to bottom, it's 4 1/2 inches; Open at the point, top to bottom it's 8 inches. The very last image is just a quick shot of the inside showing a little loss of stitching on an inside 'pocket'.....THANK YOU again!!! I'm assuming maybe late 50's or 60's??? But I could also be way off!!

WHITE HNDBG-1.jpg

WHITE HNDBG BCK-2.jpg

HNDBG OPEND IN-3.jpg

SNAP INSIDE SAYS-4.jpg

LEFT SIDE-5.jpg

MIDDLE-6.jpg

RIGHT-7.jpg

INSIDE-8.jpg

lovewrens, ulilwitch, Happy! and 4 others like this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Those beaded bags were made in Hong Kong, France, Japan, and a few other places. I can't even narrow down the country never mind the maker. Sorry.

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Oops... 1960s probably, since that was the question.

Aquitaine, ulilwitch and judy like this.
  4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

That is just lovely. Wish I could help more.

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

1960s. Hong Kong I'd think. Not as elaborate as some.

Debora

6. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I don't see this being some famous designer or anything. I think Hong Kong is a possibility as suggested.

Aquitaine and pearlsnblume like this.
  7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Agree. Wasn't expensive of its kind.

Debora

Aquitaine likes this.
  8. Aquitaine

Thank you all!!! I DO appreciate your comments, really!!! My only comment back would be that IF it was from Japan, she would never have bought it.....her younger brother was in WWII, wound up shell-shocked and with scurvy after being sent out to sea, to try and disappear for a while, on the ship he was on & surviving, but shall we say, she had an "aversion", and let it rest! I heard it "MANY" times!!! I don't have a problem with where it may have come from......She and I were SO different!! And my Uncle was such a sweet guy! Unless someone gave it to her....distinct possibility!! Again thank you all!!

LauraGarnet02 and pearlsnblume like this.
  9. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

My mom won't eat Fuji variety apples because of the name. She was a little child during World War II but that's ingrained in her.

I love Fuji apples. They are the most reliable that I've found to be sweet, juicy and crisp instead of taking the risk of other apple varieties which are often dry, mushy or flavorless despite looking pretty on the outside.

Aquitaine and pearlsnblume like this.
  10. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

My mom would not let us buy German Potato Salad.

Aquitaine and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  11. Aquitaine

I guess it was an era..............

LauraGarnet02 and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted