Featured I'm being lazy. ;) Three pieces of European bisque and porcelain - marks?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Ownedbybear, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I know I ought to go hunt these down, but I'm being bone idle. ;)

Anyone recognise the marks please - 19th C European bisque and bone china/porcelain 04A (2).jpg 04B.jpg 06A.jpg 06B.jpg 06C.jpg 07A.jpg 07B.jpg .

2. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Looks like you have been to a car boot again.

trip98, scoutshouse and tyeldom3 like this.
  3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

The last one at least is Conta & Boehme.

trip98, komokwa and scoutshouse like this.
  4. Ownedbybear

How ever did you guess, af. ;) I got some decent Whitefriars amongst other things, plus these bits and some rather nice ruffled cranberry glass.

Thanks Janet!

komokwa and scoutshouse like this.
  5. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

What IS that last "bit?" :)

6. Ownedbybear

I don't think it has a purpose. It's a fountain, I'd say, fairly common image, but other than that, who knows!

scoutshouse likes this.
  7. scoutshouse

It's just funny - I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be an illusion of water at the bottom, or if it actually filled like a pet water dispenser? but then I see it's actually completely open and the vase part is separate, right?

:)

8. Ownedbybear

Totally open, yes, and the vase thing is self contained. Cute, isn't it.

scoutshouse likes this.
  9. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Some of the other ones I found say they are supposed to have a mirror in the hole to make it look like water.

10. Ownedbybear

A mirror makes sense.

I still can't find the other marks. That porcelain gilded one is an impressed crown over a circle with divisions - they look like a Union Jack. ;)

yourturntoloveit and scoutshouse like this.
  11. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

It is hard to think of anything more unfashionable than these Victorian parlour knick-nacks at the moment.

If these ever start selling anywhere except car boot sales again, it will be a sign that the tide has turned and yesterday's antiques are cycling back to being today's antiques again.

scoutshouse likes this.
  12. scoutshouse

I thought people loved German/Austrian character items - or is that just Holiday stuff?

13. Ownedbybear

I think they're more loved over there, to be honest. These were seriously cheap: about three dollars each.

af, what gets me is watching seven - yes, SEVEN - wonderful glass tumbers sell for three quid this week. One was late 18th C, the rest early 19th. Admittedly, one for the purists, but it does seem far too cheap.

14. Ownedbybear

Well, one's solved. Royal Worcester. How the devil did I not spot it? (And thank youo to Someone who knows who she is!)

Draft saved Draft deleted