I'm looking for a Tiffany inkwell.

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by desperate_fun, Jan 2, 2016.

1. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

Well, some of you know I like to get started on my Christmas shopping early. At some point this year I plan on buying the Mrs a Tiffany Inkwell (Probably Pine Needle design as they are typically cheaper than the Grapevine design)

I have been briefly looking off and on on Ebay for the past couple years. There are always some available (I have seen prices from $180.00 up to $1300.00 for the Pine Needle inkwell. Obviously I would like to be on the lower end of that price range.

I figured, since I am going to buy one regardless, I figured I would toss it out to members of the board. I would rather give the sale to someone in this community.

If you have one, and have thought about selling. Shoot me a private message and maybe we can work something out. I will keep any transaction anonymous.

I have included a picture of what I am after.

TI2.jpg

if you have any questions, just shoot me a message.

2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I'll keep an out look for you. I found mine for 8 dollars at a church sale 6 years ago.
    greg

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

If I found one I'd have it in my hoard...uhmm collection. Yes, that's it, collection, and I'd be rubbing my front claws together in glee and snorting smoke. I've got an 80s Tiffany chain sitting here, but no glassware.

4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Evelyb,
    I used to buy a lot in Tiffany's. In the 70s all of their simple silver was cheaper than K-Mart. I bought a set of glasses in the Tiffany Swag pattern that were expensive, at the time they were 255 dollars each. When I would hold "get togethers" one girl refused to use them. She was like the next door neighbor of the infamous Buckets. Over the years they got broken and the last one went two years ago. In the back of the second floor, they had a clearance room, where you could get incredible deals. One year I bought everyone on my Christmas list a sterling tooth paste tube squeezer, They were only 5 dollars each and for an extra buck you got three initials added. Did I know that two years later all tubes were plastic and it became outdated? No, but Tiffany must have. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.
    greg

KingofThings likes this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi desperate_fun,
    Have you seen the one on Ruby Lane???
    http://www.rubylane.com/search?db=&q=Tiffany+pine+needle+ink+well&sb=1

KingofThings likes this.
  6. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

@Aquitaine

I have seen that one. Right now there are 15 Tiffany inkwells on Ebay that are priced lower.

The reason I posted here looking for one is to give one of the members here an opportunity to sell if they had one for sale. Like I said, I'll be buying one regardless.

KingofThings likes this.
  7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Happy searching!!!!!:)

desperate_fun and KingofThings like this.
  8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Have fun looking -- and I hope somebody here has one to sell!

desperate_fun and KingofThings like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted