I'm looking for some Tupperware Measuring Cups

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by desperate_fun, Sep 26, 2016.

1. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

Who doesnt have a pile of tupperware kicking around :)

I am looking for 4 or 5 tupperware measuring cups (The older ones). The first one is a specific. I need one of the 1/4 cup in the burnt orange or orange? I have no idea what the correct name is for the colour.

The next is 3 or 4 of the 1/3 cup. These can be any colour (As long as they are not orange LOL) They can all be the same colour or a mix of colours. I don't care about that.

I am kind of hoping one person will have all of these in their hoard, oops I mean collection, that they would be willing to part with.

There are lots on Ebay but with 4 or 5 shipping charges (and some with Global Shipping rip off) It will cost me an arm and a leg.

This is the style I am looking for. Shoot me a message if you can help me out.

Tupperware.jpg

KingofThings likes this.
  2. Mary Delaney

Mary Delaney Well-Known Member

I just sent what I had to the thrift store. I had purchased an incomplete set to fill in my own missing pieces. I'm still searching for a one cup capacity.

KingofThings and desperate_fun like this.
  3. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

I know I've seen these around and will watch closer.

desperate_fun likes this.
  4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

I have partial sets and the tangerine (bright orange) and daffodil (yellow) among my multiple sets of measuring cups; one can never have enough measures. These came is a 6-piece set including: 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 3/4 and 1 cup measures. There are several eBay sellers with multiple listing offering choice of size and color; but they are a bit pricey as you note. A complete set of the new Tupperware goes for $15. Sounds like you're looking for the butterscotch (burnt orange), which seems to be one of the less available colors; I do have a funnel in butterscotch. Best deals are probably at garage sales, which require lots of time.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    KingofThings likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

"one can never have enough measures"

Truer words were never spoken! :)

I have one complete set with the alternating avocado and daffodil colors. But my (maybe) tangerine set is missing the 1/4 cup. I have two other sets not Tupperware and not the full range of 6 sizes in either to take up the slack.

KingofThings likes this.
  6. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

I can only help with one. I have a 1/4 cup orange color, but I don't know if this is the color you're looking for. If this is the right color, you are welcome to have it. It does have some surface scratches from lots of use. I've had it for a very long time, and I have a few other sets that I use, so I really never use it anymore.
    If you want it, let me know, just pay for whatever the shipping cost may be. Package will weigh about 2 oz.
    cc1.jpg

7. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

Of course, two days ago I saw a lot of this go begging at several different sales.

8. desperate_fun

Tyledom, I just shot you a message about the 1/4. That is the colour I need to complete my set (My old 1/4 one fell out of the rack in the dishwasher and melted on the heating element.)

Terry, Isnt that always the case!

King, Thanks for looking out. It is appreciated.

tyeldom3 and KingofThings like this.
  9. desperate_fun

Update,

I now own an Orange 1/4 Cup. (Thanks to Tyeldom)

I am on the lookout for 3-4 - 1/3 cups

10. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Desperate -
    I was out & about today with my daughter, and we stopped in at one of those antique-junk places.
    I didn't see anything I wanted or needed, but this set for $4 jumped out at me!
    DSC05604.JPG
    It's all yours, if you want it.
    -C-

KingofThings and komokwa like this.
  11. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Score! My set is the butt-ugly brownish yellow one, but it's complete. I'm still using it of course. My mom bought me a fancy stainless set, but those sit in the drawer and the Tupperware gets used.

12. desperate_fun

Evelyb,

We have a newer set of the tupperware cups as well as another cheap set that rarely get used. The older tupperware ones we use all the time. SBSVC is going to be sending me the set she found. I can get rid of the no-name set. :)

13. evelyb30

Good. Those old Tupperware ones are the good ones.

14. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I have the same set! My son is into all this fancy-schmancy stainless steel, but I love my tried & true Tupperware.

KingofThings likes this.
  15. evelyb30

It's easier to get Crisco or the like out of the steel, but the rest of the time gimme the Tupperware.

KingofThings likes this.
  16. desperate_fun

Just a quick update for you all. I found a seller on Ebay that had some of the 1/3 cups in various colours. I ended up getting 3 of them from him (they were on sale and the shipping was reasonable)

So I am no longer searching for Tupperware measuring cups :)

Thank you everybody for taking the time to help me out. It is really appreciated.

komokwa, tyeldom3 and KingofThings like this.
  17. KingofThings

I've been watching to no avail but if I find any cheap and in great condition I'll put them on eBidet if they're so hard to find.

18. desperate_fun

KOT,

Not hard to find as such, just hard to find someone who had multiples. I didnt want to have to pay 3 X shipping to Canada. with some sellers using the Global Shipping. It would have cost me a small fortune.

KingofThings likes this.
  19. KingofThings

I see. Thanks! :)
    So I should grab full sets or none then.

20. evelyb30

An acquaintance made off with a set from a church sale this morning. They looked just like mine except the color wasn't as ugly. They do turn up but it require keeping your eyes peeled.

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted