Featured I'm thinking this is a blown glass hanging Vase, but have never heard of...

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Aquitaine, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

"C. Cole", the artist's name inscribed on the bottom. Hoping maybe one of you might have heard of him/her. It has an unimportant chain it hangs from in a window, weighs
    2 lbs, 3 oz., is 7 1/4" tall, 4" in width and 2 3/4" front to back........pictures below.... actually don't remember WHEN Mom & Dad gave it to us!!!! So a LOOONG time ago!!!! As far as I'm concerned, the color is to die for!!!! Mostly interested in if ANYONE has heard of the artist....am thinking it "COULD" have come from Cape Cod, but NOT a guarantee either!!! Thank you so much for any help!!!!

RED H VASE-1.jpg
    RED H VASE-2.jpg
    RED H VASE-3.jpg RED VASE-4.jpg
    RED H VASE-5.jpg

2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

3. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Aquitaine, that vase is gorgeous!!! Great job identifying it SBSVC.

Might I ask how do you get such wonderful photos with a totally white background?

judy, Christmasjoy, aaroncab and 2 others like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Hi @wiscbirddog, I use Photoshop a lot, and when I can, I separate the background from the object, then delete the old background, then on another layer add a whole new layer behind the object, with the color of my choice! A bit of work, but a hobby for me and it keeps me out of trouble!!! And thanks for the compliment!! Not always successful!!!!!:):):):)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    pearlsnblume, patd8643, judy and 3 others like this.
  5. Aquitaine

SBSVC, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

very pretty!

Aquitaine, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  7. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

@Kronos has a Worthpoint account, so please if you will check for Aquitaine. TY

8. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Nice job and judicious use of feathered mask I'm guessing?

9. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

$35.00

10. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

LOVE IT !!! .. Joy :):):).

judy likes this.
  11. Aquitaine

Thank you so much, @Kronos!!!

12. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Outstanding photos. I envy your talent. Nice piece.

Christmasjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted