Featured Imperial autographs

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Leonardo Scherer, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Leonardo Scherer

Leonardo Scherer Well-Known Member

Hey guys, my first posto here. I'll be showing most of my collection of autographs, they are all related to the Imperial House of Brazil.

First and most valuable piece: His Imperial Majesty Dom Pedro II of Brazil:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is a document (letters patent) naming a city judge from 1852. It is in pretty bad condition, but the signature is quite intact. Also in this document there are some signatures that I could not identify yet. One that I could identify is Eusébio de Queirós who aproved the Aberdeen Act in Brazil.

This is a christmas card sent to descendants of Brazilian Nobility by the current Head of the Brazilian Imperial House, Prince Dom Luiz de Orleans e Bragança.

[​IMG]

This is another christmas card signed by the former Head of the Brazilian Imperial House, his wife (she was a Bavarian Princess) and their cildren.

[​IMG]

Last piece to show is a seal from the Imperial Secretary:

[​IMG]

2. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

the letters and papers of Pedro II were declared part of the "The Memory of the World Register" by the UNESCO.
    no idea though what exactly that means for value on the free market.

Leonardo Scherer likes this.
  3. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Interesante Leonardo! Bem vindo aqui ao

Antiquers.

4. Leonardo Scherer

Leonardo Scherer Well-Known Member

Thank you very much!

I've never knew that, but I've done some research. It seems like only the documents he wrote during his journeys were included in that program. But that is really nice.

One funny story about His Majesty, is his travel to USA, he went to visit a monument (I can't remember wich one), and he woke up really early and went there, he was the first to arrive, and when tried to get in, the security guard said he need to pay, he did not have any money with him, and borrowed from his chofer, right after he got in, a journalist came to ask the guard if that was the Emperor, he said "that poor old man? he didn't even had a nickel for the ticket"

His Majesty was a really humble man, and very loved by the people.

Tom Mackay and SBSVC like this.
  5. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

happened all the time in Berne when the foreign press found out that members of the Swiss Federal Counsil took the tramway to go to work; one lady was wellknown to discuss politics with the folks on the same tram.
    then there was a minister of defence that rode to his office on bicycle everday- with two bodyguards following him. in summer he sometimes stopped on his way home in a restaurant to have a beer and a chat and sent the two bodyguards away.

Draft saved Draft deleted