Imperial German Goblet-Pre War/WWI Hand Enameled Real/Repro ???

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by bosko69, Jun 3, 2022.

1. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

GOBLT1.jpg GOBLT2.jpg GOBLT3.jpg GOBLT4.jpg Dear Friends-Couldn't find much on what appears (to me anyway) to be an Imperial German Wine/Beer Goblet.It looks to be hand-painted enamel (raised pigment) on glass-9 3/8" high.Any help as to the age of this piece would be mighty welcome.Thanks ALL !

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

3. bosko69

Kronos- You're batting a thousand,that looks exactly like mine (i just wish his pics were as clear as mine,and there's no price !). You should become a salaried researcher-i met a few at College,that's really how they got thru school in part-got to be more fun than Burger King.

Born2it likes this.
  4. bosko69

great skills Kronos- time for some online seminars (seriously not everyone has the 'Divvy' touch). Lovejoy reference.

5. bosko69

Got an Email response from Germania International-it's a 1920's Prussian (not Bavarian) beer glass

Figtree3 likes this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The crest or coat of arms on the glass is for the Kingdom of Prussia, which ceased to exist in 1918. The Free State of Prussia (1918-1947) had a different eagle. So, 1920s? Would anybody have been putting the older eagle on glassware then?

Note this is based on Wikipedia articles through a quick Google search. Perhaps more searching will clarify this.

7. bosko69

Great catch Figtree.Would it be illegal in defeated post-war Germany to put the archaic Kingdom of Prussia eagle on a glass,but-I'm siding with You,it's logical that it would be 1918 or earlier.Boy they sure had a lot of Coat of Arms in the old German states.

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted