Improved Union Case S. Peck & Co

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by cxgirl, Jun 29, 2018.

1. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    The case is broken on one side, should I include the broken side when I sell this? It is 2 1/2" x 2 1/4", tinted colour on his cheek, thinking this is an ambrotype.
    Any ideas appreciated.
    thanks for looking
    DSCF1575.jpg DSCF1573.jpg DSCF1577.jpg

2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I would include the broken side. Somebody might know how to fix it. And if not, there are people who make replicas of these old cases and it would help to see the original.

3. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Thank-you fig:) I was hoping that it would be ok to include it!

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i concur.........with both of you....:hilarious:

Christmasjoy, cxgirl and Bronwen like this.
  5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Well, thank you, sir! :)

Christmasjoy, Bronwen and komokwa like this.
  6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I will often just include a broken item with the item(s) if it does not change the weight to increase the cost. I include a note telling them that I would have thrown it away, but thought they might want it & they can throw it away if they don't.

If it is something that will make the shipping more expensive I ask the buyer if they want the damaged piece. Sometimes I mention it in my description & show an image. I give the buyer the option if they don't want it to decline & I adjust the shipping accordingly.

Something like this I would show in my photos & mention in my description because there is a possibility of repair.

Christmasjoy and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted