In Normal Times I'd Be Yearning To Attend This Estate Sale

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Joe2007, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Estate Sale—3 Generations of Railroaders
    https://www.estatesales.net/KY/Ashland/41101/2510697

Not that I'd actually go since it is too far away (and in these days of COVID-19 not a chance I'd be crazy enough to go). However it is still fun to look, and this sale does look like a good sale multigenerational hoard with lots of antique goodies that might be overlooked.

Your Thoughts?

Darkwing Manor and cxgirl like this.
  2. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

I definitely found a couple of gems, myself. However, it looks pretty densely packed and you know how people can be with small crowded spaces and small items...sometimes it makes it very "not so fun"....for me, anyway.

Joe2007 and Darkwing Manor like this.
  3. PortableTreasures

PortableTreasures Active Member

If you don't mind me asking, what's a "railroader"?

Joe2007 likes this.
  4. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

Some of those rr lanterns and oil cans could fetch quite a bit, depending on if they are marked with a particular line. The holiday room looked disappointing to me, did not spot any vintage items in there.

cxgirl and Joe2007 like this.
  5. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

I must admit I would like to rake through the lots, or to quote a Scottish phrase, I would like to have a "dander through the bitties"

Joe2007 likes this.
  6. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

Lot's of fun goodies even if some of them are not old , the repro cast iron toys, the 70's gumball machine.... you'll find both of those in my house and my 84 year old parents.... used to have lanterns too, some really nice Fire department and railroad...the true Fire department lanterns used to go 250-500 for a brass Dietz, the presentation lanterns even more .... railroad conductors lanterns are nice too...

Joe2007 likes this.
  7. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

I assume someone who worked for the railroads. I've been to a few such estates and they are usually pretty good. The big thing I like about this sale is that there is some real old stuff there and it doesn't look like it has been already picked by dealers.

PortableTreasures likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted