Incised anchor mark, tea caddy (?)

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Cream Puff, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Cream Puff

Cream Puff Member

Hello, here I am being a pest again. I'm having trouble identifying most of the incised marks on the estate sale pieces I bought a week ago. P1050041_opt (1).jpg P1050046_opt.jpg P1050043_opt.jpg

I'm hoping someone recognizes this anchor mark on what I think might be a tea caddy (but maybe that's because when I bought it there was tea in it).

It seems that many makers used anchors in their marks, but if I can at least get an idea of the country where it may have been made, and the time period, I might be able to narrow it down some.

It's just a simple anchor. I can only see the bottom curved part and the line in the center.

Thanks again!

judy likes this.
  2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

How big is it? It looks like a sugar bowl. You need a picture against a plain background, and one that doesn't cut off the finial.

komokwa likes this.
  3. Cream Puff

Cream Puff Member

Here's another photo.
    It measures 5" x 4" at the opening, and the total height including the finial is about 6.25".

P1050071_opt.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted