Featured Industrial etched stainless steel framed art signed 'AB'...

Discussion in 'Art' started by cartoongirl, May 15, 2015.

1. cartoongirl

cartoongirl "Don't Blink!"

Hello! Hope I could get some help with a keywords and such on this etched stainless framed picture/wall art/sculpture piece. I've tried looking for something similar with no luck.

Measures 19 1/4" by 14 1/2". Etched signature looks like AB.

Lady I got it from seemed to think it was a New York from the 80's, but we know how that goes. The tape and paper on the back have age, though.

Partial tag on the back reads...'canyon'...'stainless steel', and something 'sculpture'.
    There is a street or urban canyon in New York...Manhattan's 'canyon of heroes'.

Thanks!

IMG_1544.JPG IMG_1545.JPG IMG_1543.JPG IMG_1549.JPG

antidiem, Figtree3 and KingofThings like this.
  2. cartoongirl

Also, does anyone know how to photograph stainless steel?

KingofThings likes this.
  3. cartoongirl

forgot to show the tag...

IMG_1552.JPG

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

With a selfie stick? Or at least with your clothes on?(LOL) Natural daylight helps too.

cartoongirl likes this.
  5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Don't think I've seen anything comparable. Interesting.

6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Very 80s deco ! I like it,but I fear the scratches might be a problem,unless they can be buffed out ?

7. cartoongirl

I like it, too! As for artwork...I buy what I like, so I'm happy if it sells, and happy if I keep it. This strategy works as long as you have wall space left...

The scratches look worse in my photo than in person...I didn't think about buffing them a bit...I'll look into it, thanks!

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  8. FlyingButtonRanch

FlyingButtonRanch Crazy for old clothes buttons!

Does a magnet stick to it? Wondering if it's actually aluminum (when brushed it can look just like stainless steel). http://www.artisticweld.com/metal-wall-art-panels.html

First thing that came to my mind when I saw it and the label was Grand Canyon (well, I live in Arizona, so that may be a dim bulb idea, LOL).

9. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Being a city boy, I thought skyscraper canyon, but that just goes to show...

10. cartoongirl

I'm close to NYC, so skyscraper canyon was my first thought, too.

I'll be dipped in ...., a magnet does not stick to it! Thanks, FBR! I have some more searching to do, now. What a great forum...

FlyingButtonRanch likes this.
  11. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I saw some very well done metal pictures (abstract, geometric, hard edged lines) on ebay about a year ago. So, maybe that's a place to check.

cartoongirl likes this.
  12. cartoongirl

Thanks, anti! And thanks for the keywords, too!

antidiem likes this.
  13. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Stainless steel is produced in different qualities and for different purposes, and it's quite often non-magnetic - would guess that the 'INLESS STEEL' remaining on the label does indicate that it's stainless steel...

~Cheryl

Draft saved Draft deleted