Info needed on great finds

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Margaret Vedder, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Margaret Vedder

Margaret Vedder New Member

Hi Antiquers new to the forums

Could anyone give me any information on the following items, year, value etc
    TIA 20210720_193546.jpg 20210720_193419.jpg 20210720_193419.jpg 20210720_193901.jpg 20210720_193832.jpg

2. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

THIS SOURCE states the stamp on your Spode earthenware gravy boat is from 1920-57, which seems about right, based on style/decoration. Nominal value, IMHO.
    As for the desk, you don't provide any detail photos of joinery, construction, the back, etc., but something about it is saying vintage "reproduction" to me. I could be wrong on that, however... More well-focused photos of the details are necessary. If it is indeed a repro, considering the condition, the value of the desk is also nominal.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Looks like some little critter may have 'nibbled' it's way in at the right upper corner as well....too bad.....still a serviceable desk/small secretary!

Margaret Vedder likes this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I agree, the bureau is repro, probably sixties.

Margaret Vedder and bluumz like this.
  5. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

50's or 60's on the drop front desk sounds about right. In good condition, which this one is far from it, might bring $75.00 at the most here in Iowa.

Margaret Vedder and bluumz like this.
  6. Margaret Vedder

Margaret Vedder New Member

Thanks guys, my hubby will restore the desk, not looking to sell it, was just wondering on the date, so really appreciate the feedback x

bluumz likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted