INFO ON CUSTOM? GOLD JEWELRY LEFT TO ME BY MY MOM?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by journeymagazine, Jan 9, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

These are some of the jewelry my mom left to me when she passed in Nov. I am going to sell them & split the proceeds with my sister & brother.
    The pieces here have a name or initials on them - can anyone tell me who made them; if it was by a known jewelry designer I think they will be worth more? (sorry; I'm not a jewelry guy!)
    I'd appreciate any help.

PS - on the pagoda pendent/pin/brooch it had small stones in the vines(?) - a lot have fallen out it looks like. It has the initials HM above 14kt

The Medusa? ring has what looks like a signature that starts with the letter C.

JEWELRY MOM CHINESE BROOCH PIN RESIZED.jpg JEWELRY MOM CHINESE BROOCH PIN2 3BAA RESIZED.JPG JEWELRY MOM CHINESE BROOCH PIN21AA RESIZED.JPG JEWELRY MOM CHINESE BROOCH PIN  4AA.JPG

JEWELRY MOM RING GODDESS 1A.JPG JEWELRY MOM RING GODDESS 1AA__A.JPG JEWELRY MOM RING GODDESS 3AA.JPG JEWELRY MOM RING GODDESS 4AA.JPG
    JEWELRY MOM RING GODDESS 5AA.JPG JEWELRY MOM RING GODDESS 6AA LARGE.JPG

Any Jewelry and Xristina like this.
  2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

If you can't test them have them both tested for gold, they both look lovely!

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!:):):)

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call the ring lady Medusa. The Medusa's hair was made of snakes and I don't see snakes.

Any Jewelry and Xristina like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

sell the broach...........wear the ring !!!!
    both nice.....!!!!

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Or the other way around.
    That brooch/pendant is a beauty, probably 1940s-50s. It has a Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival feel. I would replace the lost stones, it will be even more of a festival.

The ring is Art Nouveau Revival, ladies with flowing locks turning into flowering branches, etc. Definitely not Medusa, no snakes, and her face is way too sweet.

komokwa likes this.
  7. journeymagazine

Thank you
    There is also a 14kt gold mesh bracelet I remember my mom wearing. It has a stamp - American - and then 14kt
    Anyone heard of that jewelry company?

8. journeymagazine

Could the ring have been made by Andre Rambour - the ones I've found that look like mine were mostly made by him?
    Thanks!

9. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Any Jewelry likes this.
  10. journeymagazine

Those are diamonds in her hair, right? But what are those in her eyes?

11. journeymagazine

But most of the newer ones are all 14kt not 18kt right?

12. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Probably diamonds in the eyes also,The newer ones are made in sterling,14K and 18K gold.The wax patterns of the same type are used for all the metals the companies are selling.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  13. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'd be too busy wearing the brooch to sell it. It's probably American but with a Japanese theme, but whodunnit is a good question. The ring doesn't excite me as much; I'd put it in a good auction with a reserve of double the gold weight and see what happens. Some places might let it sell for metal weight and it's better than that. If you can track down the manufacturer it might go higher by a fair chunk if the auction is on line.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  14. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I agree. The brooch/pendant is a stunner. Could very well be American made. Did Ming's ever make anything like this? If so, it could be a Ming's copy.

I would prefer the ring to have been Art Nouveau period, but they didn't make them like this at the time, this is typically a later piece.

Draft saved Draft deleted