Featured INFO ON LARGE, OLD? BRONZE CLAD? CHINESE HORSE STATUE

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Mar 26, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this today at the local thrift store - for $14.95. I had a regular customer come by & look through the stuff left from the estate/garage sale. He offered me $75 for the horse but I wanted to check here before selling it.
    I saw a similar one called 'bronze clad' & am wondering if mine is that? If you look at the last pic you can see white concrete? under the metal/bronze(?) skin in the little puncture hole.
    But then again if you look at the tail (and the underside/inside in next to last pic) you can see it's ... corroded? What would do that - not bronze, right?
    It's large; 16" L x 15" H and I love that arched neck!
    Any info would be greatly appreciated!

AA ART STATUE HORSE BRONZE METAL 1AA.JPG AA ART STATUE HORSE BRONZE METAL 2AA.JPG AA ART STATUE HORSE BRONZE METAL 3AA.JPG AA ART STATUE HORSE BRONZE METAL 4AA.JPG AA ART STATUE HORSE BRONZE METAL 5AA.JPG

2. journeymagazine

Also, age?
    Thanks again

Christmasjoy and scoutshouse like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

To my eye, appears to be a new-ish decorative item from India. Someone else may have a different opinion.

Debora

4. journeymagazine

Metal?
    Should I sell it for the $75?

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

not until u have a better idea of what it is........... your words !! :)

6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I would sell it for $75.

Ghopper1924, judy, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  7. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Me too.

8. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Pot metal will scratch 'silver'. This is modeled after the caparisoned horse.

9. journeymagazine

Not silver underneath - like a plaster? But feels heavier than it should if plaster I think.

10. Penelope1212

Penelope1212 New Member

Do you still have ? I’d like to actually purchase it if so

11. Penelope1212

Penelope1212 New Member

My dad had one similar few years ago he lost it during his move from Cali to Florida. If u still have I would like to purchase for Christmas

12. Prarygal

Prarygal New Member

I have this exact horse, and the straight front leg was broken, shoddy repairs done, and it broke again. Not worth much IMHO. Certainly not bronze anything. Pot metal through and through.

antidiem likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted