Inscribed Chinese crane vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by jeasta, Aug 10, 2020.

1. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can read these inscriptions or could give me any information on this vase. It has a raised inscription on the back and blue stamped characters on the underside. 9EE836F5-BE8A-41DA-AA11-3CBC47B07187.jpeg 87DB0642-4E14-4FD3-B958-185F776B042B.jpeg C84E2249-B343-44A8-8DD9-056B87A55981.jpeg D9A88D50-F1AA-485C-9603-1490107E7D25.jpeg 9C7BA8BF-7B37-4E77-B8C0-2B2E3E27A17B.jpeg

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Your photos are not viewable. Please make sure you have checked public, not private.

judy likes this.
  3. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

I had to edit it to make the pictures big enough to see well. Can you see the pictures now?

judy and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Yes. :)

clutteredcloset49 and jeasta like this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

@Couch Potato Wannabe may be able to read this.
    Be sure to check back. People come and go at all hours.

i need help and judy like this.
  6. Couch Potato Wannabe

Couch Potato Wannabe Well-Known Member

中南海怀仁堂 = Zhongnanhai Huairentang
    珍品 = Treasure
    陶瓷洛研究所 = Ceramic Institute
    敬制 = Respect

The white writing becomes far more visible when the vase is lit from within.

7. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

And now, I want to see this vase lit from within! ;) Thanks, CouchP

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  8. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

9. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

OH PRETTY!! THANKS!! :kiss::joyful:

jeasta likes this.
  10. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

Based on your translation, I was able to find this listing for a similar vase. I wonder if the writing on the back of this one is another poem. I’m guessing mine may also be from the 1960’s or around that time.
    http://waterfordsauction.com/auction/5006/lot/137/A+Chinese+Porcelain+Mao+Zedong+Rouleau+Vase.html

11. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

Or maybe it’s not from that time, because it doesn’t have the stamp on the inside. Hmmm... anyone good at dating these?

Edit:
    I found both of these listings with the same maker’s mark and without the blue stamp on the inside. It’s weird that mine is the only one I can find that doesn’t have a date with the maker’s mark, but it seems safe to call it 1960’s.

https://www.auctionzip.com/auction-lot/Huai-Ren-Tang-Early-20th-Century.-Under-Glaze-Fam_3F6276ACAB

https://www.goldenstateauction.net/...?url=/view-auctions/individual-lots/?page=245

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  12. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

jeasta and Bakersgma like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted