Interested in anything related to “Saline Valley Farm”

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Northern Lights Lodge, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

Hi... I’m interested in items relating to Saline Valley Farm. It operated as a Co-operative farm between approx 1935 and 1953. In 53 the animals, livestock and equipment sold and farm operations ceased. It then transitioned to an American Youth Hostel. It operated as such until 1970 when the property was sold to the local Auto Union as a vacation get away. It was located off Saline-Milan road; just south of Saline Mich. I am particularly interested in milk or cream bottles. They did produce many canned goods with their own label... although slim chances of finding any of those! They truck farmed; delivering fresh dairy, eggs, chickens, produce and canned goods throughout the Detroit Area all through the Depression. Any leads appreciated! Thank you! Leslie

Figtree3 and judy like this.
  2. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

Found a postcard only :shifty: 2CFBE450-B0B9-4B5D-9E51-56FA053F6CAB.jpeg

3. Northern Lights Lodge

@Branka Thank you for looking! I do have that postie. I appreciate your post!
    Cheerio,
    Leslie

judy and yourturntoloveit like this.
  4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

@Northern Lights Lodge , do you have a "saved search" running in eBay? That could help. I sense that these things are hard to find.

Northern Lights Lodge likes this.
  5. Northern Lights Lodge

Hi @Figtree3
    Yes, I do have a saved search in Ebay. Occasionally something will come up... mostly post cards. My sister and I were able to snag a milk bottle once... and for an unbelievable decent price. I think we were the only bidders...

Yes, SVF items do not come up often... and are hard to find even in the lower Michigan area.

Thanks for your suggestion - even if I've already got the search; it was a good idea!
    Cheerio Leslie

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted