Featured Interesting Art Glass I picked up today.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bdigger, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Found this at the flea Market today. It's really interesting. It is Signed T. Buechner III. Havent had time to research it yet, But I think it's a winner!
    DSCN4641.JPG DSCN4646.JPG

2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

4. jsnggltt

jsnggltt Well-Known Member

Thomas Buechner III (1926-2010), Vitrix Studio. Buechner was the founding director of the Corning Museum of Glass and was a mentor to the studio glass movement.

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Holy Cow, Mike! What a find!

6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

7. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

It's amazing! Thanks for showing us! :cat:

8. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

REALLY LOVE IT !!! ... From the moment I set eyes on it I recognized a real winner !!! WELL DONE Bdigger .. Joy. :)

9. antidiem

10. Bdigger

Found it at a Flea Market in St.Petersburg Fl. The guy had it marked $50 he took $40 and I snatched it up. As I was examining it, there was a Lady came up showing interest in it and asking the dealer questions about it. You could tell that if I put it down she would snatch it up......She was really miffed when I told the dealer I wanted it. It was more then I like to pay, but I justcouldn't resist this one. Never seen anything like it.

11. Bdigger

Thanks All! I appreciate all the comments, information and links you provided. I guessit'sa little better then I thought! LOL.

12. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

13. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!

Bronwen and Christmasjoy like this.
  14. antidiem

:cat: I am thrilled for you!

Bronwen and Christmasjoy like this.
  15. Bdigger

Well so far I have figured out the Design is called a HEECHEE PROBE (sounds dirty to me too :cat:) There are 2 listed that way on eBay , both by KELLY who is the guy that the guy that made mine trained. One is listed at $370.....the other at $700. I can't seem to find any sales records for them....and have not found any the same colors as mine. The search continues.

LovesVintage, Bronwen, judy and 2 others like this.
  16. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

GORGEOUS!!!!! Congrats!!!!!:singing::singing::singing::singing:

Bronwen and pearlsnblume like this.
  17. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

18. Christmasjoy

A HEECHEE PROBE ??? ... What's HEECHEE ??? ..

19. Christmasjoy

Can someone tell me what the item is .. I was RAVING about it a couple of posts up .. Is it what I'm thinking it might be ??? ...

Bronwen and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  20. Bdigger

Heechee probe I gather , is from a science fiction book the heechee aliens used probes I guess

Draft saved Draft deleted