Interesting Embroidered Asian Silk Nature Scenes

Discussion in 'Art' started by Jennifer430, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Jennifer430

Jennifer430 Member

I 6.jpg 56.jpg 789796.jpg 67575.jpg found these two embroidered Japanese / Asian silk nature scenes at an antiques market this past week. I think they are beautiful. I was wondering what circa they are likely from? I found others online but none quite like these. Do they possess any value? Thank you!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    i need help likes this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi @Jennifer430, could you hit "Edit" and go back into your post, then click on the very TOP image....that says: "INSERT EVERY IMAGE AS A FULL IMAGE", please? Makes it easier on everyone's eyes, especially those on cell phones!! Thank you so much!! :):) Others more familiar with your silk scenes will be along eventually!!!

judy, i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Likely Japanese as I see what looks like Mt Fuji
    Also appears to be the 4 seasons. Something that is very popular in Asian art.
    upload_2020-6-24_9-58-0.png

4. Jennifer430

Jennifer430 Member

My apologies. I just went back and clicked on "INSERT EVERY IMAGE AS A FULL IMAGE." I did not see that as an option earlier when someone requested that. I thought they were referring to just posting images of the complete object - no close ups. Thanks!

5. clutteredcloset49

@Jennifer430, it appears you took out two pictures.

You need to go to Edit, More Options. Next to each picture is Full Image. Click that.
    You can also reinsert the pictures you just deleted. Then click Save.

judy, i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. Jennifer430

Jennifer430 Member

I just tried again! I hope this time it worked properly!

7. Jennifer430

Jennifer430 Member

Thank you. I can see the four seasons. Very interesting! I paid $10 for the pair. Do they hold much value? Thanks.

8. clutteredcloset49

I'm not good at fabric.
    maybe @Debora can advise.

If they were nicely framed maybe, but doubt you would get your money back for the framing.

i need help likes this.
  9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

judy likes this.
  10. clutteredcloset49

@Jennifer430
    What does the back of your look like? Do they have a lot of color? The one INH shows has good color, yours could have been hanging in the sun and faded. That will be a detriment to value.
    Also the frame around INH's example looks to be 1960s.

Draft saved Draft deleted