Interesting glass plates

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by elarnia, Sep 14, 2014.

1. elarnia

elarnia SIWL

Can anybody tell me anything about these. They were at a local auction Friday. I didn't get them because ... well ... I'm not allowed to go to the auction until I stop complaining that I have no room :oops:. But in case they pop up again when I can get them, and I like them in person, what are they? Thanks
    upload_2014-9-14_0-36-38.png

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

They look like fused glass that is slumped, is that what you're asking?

3. elarnia

elarnia SIWL

Hi - what i was wondering about was period and maker if known. Thanks

4. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Shape and style looks 1960s. Not that I know anything about glass.

5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I'm guessing it's going to make a difference if it's signed. I don't know much about glass but I know one of my kids made slump glass bowls in high school not too much different than this. Also, my sister has taken up glassworking and this looks very much like projects she did as she learned techniques. I know I'm not really much help.

Having said that, while I'm not suggesting this is the same, it has squares and the value is pretty high so what do I know? (I'll answer that....not much:))

https://www.antiquers.com/threads/art-glass-vase-help-longshot.586/

6. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Looks like stuff that's being produced now -- sushi plates and the like.

7. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

They look Scandinavian to me

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I've seen similar things done in the 60s, and similar things from craft fairs held last year. No clue whodunnit, when, or where.

Draft saved Draft deleted