Interesting Stoneware (?) Plates....help?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by DivasFinds, Dec 31, 2018.

1. DivasFinds

DivasFinds Well-Known Member

I have 2 of the green and 1 of the off white with flowers. Interesting shape, all 3 have chips on the backside edges that are not visible from the front. Any insight on what these are, age, brand etc is appreciated! 20181231_172701-640x480.jpg 20181231_172709-640x480.jpg 20181231_172735-480x640.jpg 20181231_172726-480x640.jpg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

LIbraryLady, judy, komokwa and 5 others like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

SBSVC, i need help and judy like this.
  4. DivasFinds

DivasFinds Well-Known Member

I looked these up last night and definitely the homer loughlin/riviera pottery...although everywhere I've looked, I have NOT seen the white w/flowers...only the blue, green, red solid plates and dishes.....

aaroncab likes this.
  5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Homer Laughlin made plenty of plates and dishes that were decorated by outside companies and offered for sale as supermarket offers. They were offered as buy a piece a week or what ever. I have seen your pieces with a Blue Willow pattern as well as many more. Riviera was done with certain colors but was offered to other companies to be decorated as they saw fit. If it was a regular Homer Laughlin offering they would have been stamped at the factory with their name. Blanks were sold to many companies to be decorated as they saw fit.
    greg

judy, aaroncab, komokwa and 4 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted