Featured Interesting Video - Six Rules For Those In The Antiques Business

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Joe2007, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Hello folks,

I enjoy watching the videos on the above YouTube channel. A lot of it may be a bit basic for more experienced dealers but for newbies like me, videos like this offer valuable insights on how antique dealers operate. The Denver Brass Armadillo has many other interesting videos on specialized collecting areas.

As a Roseville Pottery collector, Gary's video on Roseville Pottery on YouTube might not offer much new information to an experienced collector but it offers insights that would be great for those beginning to collect.

This particular video [Above] is especially interesting since it gives a set of rules for those in the antiques & collectables business. I find myself in agreement with most of them, especially with rule #6 which encourages the open sharing of information and expertise. In the last 4 years I've been participating (and lurking) on numismatic forums (Coin & Paper Currency Collecting) I've learned a great deal and now feel comfortable that I'm educated enough in some specific areas to share my accumulated knowledge with others. Over time I hope to do the same with antiques -- Thanks to all of you on this forum who share your knowledge with others(including me) every day.

Bakersgma, cxgirl, quirkygirl and 5 others like this.
  2. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Just finished watching. Very, very interesting. Gave me a real appreciation of some of the considerations that art/collectibles dealers have to address. I heard him say quite a few things I have heard from folks here on occasions. And this site really thrives on his central premise of sharing information. Thanks a bunch, Joe!
    P.S. I love this place.

3. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Gila,
    We love you too. Your replies when read, I hear your giggles and love of life.:D
    greg

4. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

You da bes', Gregsie. You're one of the reasons I love these Forums. God bless you, fellow liturgist (Catholic, Lutheran, Episcopalian). I learned THAT here back when we were researching a strange old cross somebody found. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted