Introduction - Peter Hoesli

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Peter Hoesli, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Peter Hoesli

Peter Hoesli New Member

Dear All,
    I am very pleased to join this community and would like to introduce myself.
    I am a Swiss national, Hotelier, collecting antiques since I am a teenager.
    In 1979, I have taken my first trip to Egypt with my parents. This trip started a life-long passion for travel and antiques! To my luck, my parents travelled the world and I have joined them often. In the 80s and 90s, I travelled mainly with my mother to all parts of the world, including a fabulous 8-weeks world tour in 1987. since I was a boy, I always wanted to work in the hospitality business and if possible abroad. Both of my parents were working abroad in the 1950s and encouraged me and my sister to do the same - and we did.
    I have been working abroad since 32 years, in Bermuda, Bangkok, Langkawi (Malaysia), Kota Kinabalu (Borneo-Malaysia), Cairo, Petra, Aqaba, Dead Sea (all in Jordan), Gaza (Palestine), Al Khobar (Saudi Arabia) and since March this year in Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), which I have visited the first time with my mother in 1980...
    Antique ethnic jewelry is my passion and I am a vivid collector (over 2,000 pieces are in my collection). I bought my first antique bracelet on my trip to Ethiopia back in 1982.
    My collection of antique ethnic jewelry is concentrating in the following regions and countries: Yemen, Oman, Palestine, Jordan, Syria, Iraq (mainly Kurdish region), Saudi Arabia, Caucasian region including Armenia and Dagestan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Russia, Turkey, Balkan (Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, etc.), North Africa (Siwa Oasis, Libya, Tunisia, Mauritania, Morocco) and lately also West Africa.
    A renowned museum in Germany will have an exhibition of a selection of my jewelry (Oman, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Palestine, Syria and Iraq) in 2023.
    Looking forward to an exciting exchange with the members here!
    Peter

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Welcome, Peter! I'm sure you'll find many people here with whom you have common collecting interests.

Debora

Bronwen, Peter Hoesli and i need help like this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, Peter! :)

Bronwen and Peter Hoesli like this.
  4. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Hello, Peter, and welcome!

Congratulations on having a selection of your pieces be chosen for exhibition. What an honor that is.

Peter Hoesli likes this.
  5. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Welcome Peter.

Peter Hoesli likes this.
  6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Peter!!

Peter Hoesli likes this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

greetings

Peter Hoesli likes this.
  8. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Welcome to the forums!

Peter Hoesli likes this.
  9. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Peter Hoesli likes this.
  10. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi Peter, and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS!!!:):)

Peter Hoesli likes this.
  11. JOHN W HERRINGTON

JOHN W HERRINGTON New Member

12. JOHN W HERRINGTON

Neckless I obtained while in Mosul Iraq during the war. Seeking information regarding its origins, approximate age and if it is a ceremonial piece.

Attached Files:

13. komokwa

Start your own Intro Thread........it's lost here in someone elses..

14. komokwa

Repost this on the Jewelry Forum.......so our members can see it......no one will see it here in someone elses into thread.....

15. JOHN W HERRINGTON

Thank you

komokwa likes this.
  16. komokwa

You're a Hotelier , John.....
    well you've just put Swiss Royalty on the 2nd floor , between and American tourist, & Italian bank robber.... & they are not amused !!!!:banghead::banghead:

Once you get to know your way around this site I'm sure the discussions will be interesting..............:wideyed::wideyed::woot::woot:

Until then...........Greetings & get with the program.....:playful::playful::playful::playful::playful::playful:

Draft saved Draft deleted