Featured Iridescent Green Vase - Looking for ID

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Jul 13, 2016.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone! I'm looking for an ID on this pretty hyacinth vase. It stands 6 3/4" tall. Looks like older art glass but I'm not sure. Any help would be much appreciated!
    Don
    IMG_20160713_153318111.jpg IMG_20160713_153325858.jpg IMG_20160713_153441894.jpg

lauragarnet, cxgirl, lloyd249 and 6 others like this.
  2. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

3. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you both. I was hoping it was Loetz. This is my first piece by that manufacturer!
    Don

lauragarnet, Geno, lloyd249 and 4 others like this.
  5. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

6. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

Awesome Don, congrats!:)

lauragarnet, dgbjwc and lloyd249 like this.
  7. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

Don,

Very nice find. I'm asking around to see if I can get a little more info on it for you (What decor etc)

lauragarnet, tyeldom3, dgbjwc and 3 others like this.
  8. desperate_fun

Don,

As you know it is a Hyacinth Vase. Yellow Green Cisele would be the decor. Circa 1906-1907

lauragarnet, tyeldom3, dgbjwc and 5 others like this.
  9. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Stunning vase, what a great find.

lauragarnet, tyeldom3 and lloyd249 like this.
  10. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Gorgeous piece, congratulations! :)

....Nice ID Anund and Desperate!

11. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your compliments and your assistance. I've already got a spot picked out for the vase in my living room.
    Don

12. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I know you'll never part with it, but... do you agree with the pricing from Ruby Lane? Just curious.

tyeldom3 likes this.
  13. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I wish I knew the market well enough to say. The vase on RL is almost twice as big as mine and sometimes size does matter ;). Personally, I tend to price items low enough to try and ensure a sale and I don't think the RL vase is priced that way. If I am tempted to price an item higher than I think it should be I realize I want to keep it. That being said I do sometimes wonder if I should try a higher price strategy on some items. I think some sellers, and I've considered this myself, put a high price on an item that is in their collection. If it sells, fine. If it doesn't it gets to stay displayed on its shelf or table. This strategy makes absolutely no sense on ebay because every time the item relists you get charged. But on RL it might work because you're only paying for your shop space and a small initial listing charge (if I understand their pricing correctly). I can't help but wonder if that is happening on some of the RL pieces. Hope the above makes sense and, of course, it's all JMHO.
    Don

yourturntoloveit and tyeldom3 like this.
  14. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

That makes total sense. Especially the part about having an item in your collection with a price high enough that you'd feel just fine about selling for that inflated amount. I believe I have seen examples of just that. Thanks, Don!

tyeldom3 and dgbjwc like this.
  15. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Here it is in its new home. A little crowded but all our tables are.

IMG_20160714_140503508.jpg

16. desperate_fun

I think the price on RL is wishful thinking on the sellers part. I have serious doubts it would sell at half that price.

tyeldom3 and dgbjwc like this.
  17. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

dgbjwc, that table looks lovely!!!!! But you must dust with your heart in your mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wideyed::wideyed::jawdrop::jawdrop::nailbiting::nailbiting:

yourturntoloveit, dgbjwc and tyeldom3 like this.
  18. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Hey, Don, what's that cream-colored vase on the right that has the raised flowers, etc., please?

19. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

That vase was made by Phoenix/Consolidated. I believe it's the peony pattern. The big round box is from the same manufacturer. I've got another table with glass by Phoenix/Consolidated if you want to see it.
    Don

20. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I would love that! Please! That little vase really attracts me.

Draft saved Draft deleted