Is all Fenton Glass Vintage??

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by GertieandRuth, Feb 20, 2020.

1. GertieandRuth

GertieandRuth New Member

I found an amazing rainbow glass art bowl by Fenton. I read that they still produced pieces from original molds till 2014?? I have a feeling this one is newer...can anyone tell??

Attached Files:

i need help likes this.
  2. GertieandRuth

GertieandRuth New Member

Found it! It is modern. I think it’s called “cherry chain”.

3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

the interior patterns looks to Fenton's 'Persian Medallion' introduced c19011 and made for many years, up to the time of their change over to dealing in glass beads. The oval logo would be a more recent and was used on carnival glass in 1970. I think this is from their 1971 catalog. The back pattern is a variant of Bearded Berry...

not sure what vintage means without a timeframe attached...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  4. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

GertieandRuth and judy like this.
  5. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Logo looks vintage to me. It's a 1970s mark. I was under the impression that vintage meant any item that is 40 yrs. old up to 100 years old.

"Antique" would be 100 years old.

To me it's vintage if somebody else owned it before me, LOL!!

bercrystal, GertieandRuth and judy like this.
  6. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

One time I helped a friend of mine at a vintage/antique show. She dealt in vintage/antique jewelry. A lady walked up and wanted to know what we were selling and I told her "Vintage jewelry" and she said "oh, you means used jewelry"? I just said Yes, Used. Didn't even try to explain the terms.

7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Because she was right, Vintage should be used with a specific year. Not as a general term for older items. She was being sarcastic.
    That being said, the internet has changed the meaning of many words, including the use of Vintage.

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i concur.....
    Vintage ...should be used for the year wine was bottled....with a date..

and unless you say vintage 1965......it really doesn't mean anything identifiable ....

I was under the impression that vintage meant any item that is 40 yrs. old up to 100 years old.
    Ola....who told you that >>>???

1978...1949 & 1925.......are all called the same thing??? that's :wacky::wacky::wacky:

9. GertieandRuth

GertieandRuth New Member

According to Etsy it has to be 20 years or older. Sorry I didn’t explain. Sooo...you think it’s from the 70s???

10. GertieandRuth

GertieandRuth New Member

Oh my!! Thank you for logo help. You guys are the bestest!!

komokwa likes this.
  11. komokwa

Etsy is just a selling platform,
    I don't live my life by their rules.....

BoudiccaJones and GertieandRuth like this.
  12. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Once saw an eBay listing for a 'vintage graduation charm' that had a date just 2 years earlier.

komokwa and GertieandRuth like this.
  13. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

That's their rule for collectibles. They don't want their board flooded with new Asian stuff.

komokwa, Bronwen and GertieandRuth like this.
  14. komokwa

their rule.........not the rule !

15. LovesVintage

LovesVintage reader of books and tea leaves

Well, how very embarrassing. LOL

Siblye and komokwa like this.
  16. komokwa

:playful::playful::playful::rolleyes:

17. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Yes, she was being sarcastic, but in a very snide, condescending tone (you had to be there to know that), clearly not to engage with me. She knew what that show was about, everything there was "used", yet she just HAD to say something rude. I don't know what her major bitch was that day, and I just wasn't interested, nor was I embarrassed. My friend had a nice selection of jewelry, ranging from the 1930s to about the 1970s. If that person had been a little less acidic, I would have gone on to explain that, but her words, her inflections and her gestures just made me want to ignore her. Why start an argument when you don't really care about the outcome? Plus, I thought my friend had chosen a poor venue for selling jewelry anyway.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted