Featured Is there a Bunnykins dish list?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by UncleChuckTX, Feb 10, 2016.

1. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

I'm trying to create a listing for a set of Bunnykins dishes. Does anyone have a link to a list of the scenes / designs that were used on the bowls / mugs / plates.

Mine are reissues from the 1980s. I'm just trying to include the names of the design in the listing. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

I know there are several see-saw designs, and Replacements calls this "See-saw #1". Is that actually the name Royal Doulton uses?:

IMG_8586_B.JPG

2-sided mug - Were these always issued with the same patterns on each side, or was it random selection of all the available designs?:

IMG_8592.JPG IMG_8594.JPG

2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    I want them all. ;)

3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I don't know of any websites and I didn't find anything useful in a search.

Charlton Press puts out a Royal Doulton Bunnykins book. Don't know if your library can get one for you. If you want to buy one, you might find an older addition on one of the book sites.

Won't help you tonight though.

KingofThings likes this.
  4. UncleChuckTX

Thanks Pat. I finally figured out the cup scene is Bunnykins playing with dolls, not with baby bunnies. And including the scene name probably won't help much, given how many of these things are in circulation. But any additional info to appease the great and powerful Google... even though I believe eBay and Google are still fighting over what info gets included in the search index.

KingofThings likes this.
  5. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I found my Bunnykins book - the cup scene is HW115 'playing with dolls and prams', the reverse side is HW115R 'dancing with doll', designed by Walter Hayward, 1959-98. There were different combinations of designs used on the cups.
    The bowl is See-Saw style one SF17, by Walter Hayward 1952-98.

Houseful, judy, pearlsnblume and 4 others like this.
  6. UncleChuckTX

Thanks so much! I appreciate your looking that up for me.

judy, KingofThings and cxgirl like this.
  7. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Anytime:) I'm glad I was able to find the book

judy and KingofThings like this.
  8. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

I have a lot of Bunnykins items right now. 5 Mugs (2 styles) 3 Bowls and 3 Plates, when I have sold them in the past I just described what the bunnys were doing in the scenes. Never realized there were specific names for the scenes. Guess I'll have to do more research!

pearlsnblume, cxgirl and KingofThings like this.
  9. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

LOL..... I can stock you up at a very reasonable price! LOL

Bakersgma and KingofThings like this.
  10. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

@Bdigger if you post photos I can look them up in the book:)

11. Ezlisting

Ezlisting Member

A few years ago I had a Bunnykins creamer and sugar which did pretty good on eBay. I looked into my files and came up with this ebay guide from Monica who lives in Australia. She's very nice, as I recall, and would probably help you in getting your research information that you want. Here's the link....
    http://www.ebay.com.au/gds/Dating-Royal-Doulton-Bunnykins-Tableware-/10000000004119357/g.html

Here's a picture of the Bunnykins creamer and sugar I had the pleasure of holding.

Attached Files:

KingofThings likes this.
  12. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Here's a picture of the Bunnykins creamer and sugar I had the pleasure of holding.

I remember these pieces & if I remember correctly they sold for much more than you ever expected. ;):smug::smug::smuggrin::smuggrin::D:D:D:D

I have a dear friend who is a huge Bunnykins, Beatrix Potter & almost any type of bunny fan. I showed here the pieces when you posted them & flatly told her there was no way she would ever get them if I found them first. :p:p:p

Peggy

KingofThings likes this.
  13. Ezlisting

Ezlisting Member

I knew you'd remember these. Quite frankly, I'll never forget these cute bunnies!!

KingofThings likes this.
  14. skloss

skloss New Member

Hi there. I'm trying to find the name of the Bunnykins cup that shows a bunny pressing his trousers with a lawn roller on one side and a bunny wearing a top hat and carrying an umbrella under his arm on the other. I wonder if you could be so kind as to look up the name for me? Thanks so very much!

15. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum skloss:) I will look it up but I'll have to look for the book first, will let you know.

Huntingtreasure likes this.
  16. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum, Skloss! :)

17. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Here you go:)
    Pressing Trousers HW14 designer Barbara Vernon Issued 1937-67
    Top Hat HW14R designer Barbara Vernon issued 1937-67
    You can narrow down the date by the mark on the bottom

18. UncleChuckTX

Whoa - blast from the past. Welcome, skloss, and thanks again cxgirl.

It was very strange seeing this old thread bumped up, because I shipped out a set of Wedgwood Peter Rabbit items today. Also, all of the Bunnykins and rabbit-themed items sold from my retail space in the last few weeks.

I'm guessing the new Peter Rabbit movie (plus Easter, probably) has caused people to have bunnies on the brain. So, if any of you have Peter Rabbit or Bunnykins items to list, now might be a good time!

19. jbbutt

jbbutt New Member

Hi there. I'm looking for some help in identifying a few pieces of Bunnykin items. Ultimately I'm probably going to sell them but I'd like to learn a bit more about them first. I'll just ask about one item first to keep this post from being too long. The first item is a mug with two rabbits under a mushroom on one side and two rabbits kissing on the other. It is has two stamps on the bottom. Any help would be appreciated.

Figtree3 and i need help like this.
  20. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, jbbutt! :)
    Is it a two handled mug?

Draft saved Draft deleted