is This a piece of a rare set

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jake Australia, Aug 17, 2019.

1. 3AFA231A-E60E-4E16-93E0-23059EF5F535.png 82D363AA-69F8-467D-859C-9505BF2C8415.png 54CB1D9F-045E-4376-A27E-90C7F1AA350E.png 73A08B87-BF7F-43FD-835E-30A3E5B34729.png This was passed down family for generations is it an antique from a set or is it a stand alone piece

Marzena and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

kyratango, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. It’s a little bit like that I will post better pic of handle but there is a marking in red on the bottom not sure if it’s a letter or number

judy likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I can't say if that red blotch means anything at all..........
    wait for others..

but from what I see it looks like the same blank to me..

kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. CheersDears

CheersDears Well-Known Member

I think Komokwa's jug is entirely hand decorated, whereas Jake's is transferware that has been quite crudely coloured. It is utterly charming, but maybe was made for the commoner rather than nobility. I'd hazard that it's 1880s-ish, but hopefully someone a lot more knowledgable will be along soon.

judy and komokwa like this.
  6. Yes my mother said that my great grandfather passed it down from Germany so that’s going back many moons ago lol
    Thank you for reply an hope that someone can tell me a little more about this

judy likes this.
  7. CheersDears

CheersDears Well-Known Member

komokwa, kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  8. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

We've had this piece (different pattern) on the forum before - I remember it because I have one of the (another different pattern). I forget the dating, but its by Mason's, an English (?) pottery.

kyratango, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Yes, English, from Yorkshire.
    Something on Mason's, if you can read it against the very blue background.:facepalm: Otherwise you can see if you can adjust your screen setting, that works with some websites.
    https://www.janicepaull.com/history/history.htm

kyratango and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted